Tuggle confusion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuggle confusion

Still can't decide wether to part with my cash and "do" tuggle.
    Got a few issues keeping me back. The main one is that there is no way of telling if stuff actually sells at a decent enough pace to warrant me parting with my dosh. At least on Etsy and Ebay you can find ways of "feeling" the market.
    The other issue I have is that I've just been mooching about on Tuggle and found quite a few commercial items (check out the Toys category!). Maybe I am mistaken but, I thought the site was set up to provide somewhere for crafters to sell?
    Natalie
    website blog

Hi Nat
    I can't really help you decide but I have only sold 2 or 3 items and I know other people have been very quiet too. I'm sure it's worth a try otherwise you would never know.
    Sorry, not much help
    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

The idea behind Tuggle is to showcase small businesses including crafters, and many of those make their own products however some, including some of the site sponsors are work at home parents who run small businesses but they buy in their products. You will probably find that they are buying fairtrade.

I find sales slow to non exsistant, if I was looking into this myself, I would give the site a few more months into this year and ask again how people are doing on there. I asked for some stats, never got any but I find it difficult to gauge how my own products are doing because I don't get any stats. It frustrating not see how many people are viewing your products.
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

I agree with colourart.

I have not had any sales since September
        Blog Website Flickr

Comment

Thanks all. I think I will stop thinking about it for now and take a fresh look in a few months time.
          Natalie
          website blog

Comment

I completely agree. I have posted my thoughts about Tuggle on several threads. I would definately not waste any money. Communication is NIL with them. I have had friends make enquiries about my products and they have received no replies. They are a complete waste of time.
            Penny

www.creativepatchwork.com

www.tonysmithphotography.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by ezzyam View Post
              I completely agree. I have posted my thoughts about Tuggle on several threads. I would definately not waste any money. Communication is NIL with them. I have had friends make enquiries about my products and they have received no replies. They are a complete waste of time.
              You still not heard from them Penny?
              I'm not saying anything, cause if I start I won't be able to stop!
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

Comment

I am not selling anything! And I'm doing okay on ebay... Before you sign, I would ask for qualified sales figures. Also, it's a minor gripe, but there are lots of typos on the site (not from tugglers but from hq - I haven't checked the tugglers!) which does not portray a great professional image. If you do get sales figures, please share them with us! Vicky
                www.oldbagcrafts.com
                Me on etsy: www.oldbagcrafts.etsy.com
                Me on ebay: www.stores.ebay.co.uk/old-bag-crafts
                My blog: www.oldbagcrafts.blogspot.com

Comment

Hi vicky, how long have you been with tuggle? Whats your tuggle name?

I should really check all my listings for spelling mistakes! I'm terrible at quick typing, then not checking!
                  incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
                  ___

Comment

Tuggle

I joined tuggle about 6 weeks ago and not had any sales yet, which is disappointing, but its still early days. Before joining I asked for details of hits and sales and was quoted 40,000 hits per day with approximatly 1 sale per 200 hits - but they didn't advise which categories were selling.

I wish I'd been a member of this site and seen this thread before I'd joined - as after reading the other comments I wouldn't have joined.

Anne
                    www.fabricandbags.co.uk
                    http://fabricandbags.blogspot.com

http://fabricandbags.misi.co.uk

http://fabricandbags.artfire.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Fabric...gs/73635218031

Comment

40,000 hits per day!!

Hello & welcome Anne -There are lots of tugglers hanging around here
                      Hope you get some sales soon. x
                      ___

Comment

Tuggle is useless...

Hi all,

I joined just before christmas, in December. I have had not one sale or bit of interest. I was featured in two email newsletters that she seemed to send round to all crafters, but still no sale..quite frustrating!

It was quite expensive and I used my profit from christmas to join, what a waste so far!

I don't recommend it, after reading the above posts too!
                        Maybe wait and see if it changes...let's hope so!

Comment

Working...
                        X