No announcement yet.

Anyone in Staffordshire interested?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone in Staffordshire interested?????

Hello,

I`m based in Lichfield. I make and sell personalised embroidered stuff for Weddings, Christenings, New Baby, significant birthdays etc.

For a while I`ve been desperate to get my stuff in shops locally but the comission that shop keepers want doesn`t make the venture profitable.

I have always fancied a showcase down a little alley in a touristy bit of Lichfield. There are shops and little glass showcase cabinets that tourists and locals alike visit. Today, I noticed that one had become available.! I woud love it but dread to think what the cost will be. I can`t get this info until Monday but I wondered if anyone in my area who spe******es in personalised stuff or bespoke made to a theme would initially be interested in sharing the cost of the showcase. I was thinking something along the lines of personalised cake toppers, wedding stationary, cards, perhaps bespoke wedding jewelry, new baby stuff (apart from what I do!!!)

Again, initial thoughts would be that anyone interested would mail me a sample item, a cheque and any literature to be put with the item. The cost of Showcasing the items would depend on the cost of your items for sale.I would repsonsible for maintaining the showcase & would send you a photo to show I had displayed the item.

The Showcase isn`t big but will fit numerous smaller items in and there is also a backdrop to display a framed Wedding Stationary sample type thingy.

Ohhh, I`m quite excited!

C.

Open to ideas advice on how to organise it etc but if you`re initially interested drop me a line! I`m not pushy so if you decide that it`s a no go then PLEASE don`t worry.

THought I would just give an update!

I`ve contacted the company who own the cabinets.

The costs seem high to me a £225 a quarter.

Many of the companies who also rent a showcase sell high value items such as houses (!) beauty therapy courses, wedding flowers etc. So for these guys it doesn`t take many sales to get their money back.

Tempting but £225 would pay for alot of craft shows!

Comment

Wow, that's a lot!! I would have been interested, but we do similar things and at that cost it's a def NO

Where abouts in Lichfield are the showcase cabinets? (i'm originally from Lichfield)

Are you doing any fairs in or around Lichfield over the next few months? Any good ones round that area?

I did Elford xmas fair in December, but we were rained out!!
      incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
      ___

Comment

I make personalised wedding cake toppers and may have been interested, but I think thats a bit high.

Will follow your thread though.

I live not far from you by the way..........I'm in Tamworth.

Pauline
        Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Sorry to hear about the Elford fair! I thought about going but had pneumonia in Nov & Dec! I`m always ill for the Christmas Fairs.

The showcase cabinet is in Tudor Row next to the cafe. It`s a busy spot. As the man I spoke to pointed out this morning, it`s cheaper than newspaper advertising but £225 is pricey unless 3 or 4 people split the cost between them.

To be honest (unless I`m missing something!) there aren`t many craft fairs around in Lichfield. One or two of the churches have them at Christmas but they sell things donated to the Church, other than that it`s School Fairs, which I find a waste of time.

I would be happy to organise one in the Guildhall or somewhere but I`d be be concerned about it all going pear shaped and left with disgruntled crafters and a big venue hire bill!! Maybe I`ll think a bit more about it!

C.

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
            I make personalised wedding cake toppers and may have been interested, but I think thats a bit high.

Will follow your thread though.

I live not far from you by the way..........I'm in Tamworth.

Pauline
            Ah ha! I wondered where you live in the great and fabby county of Staffordshire!!!!

I think your toppers are lovely!!

Comment

Thanks C, thought you meant tudor row.

Pauline, do you know of any good fairs around tamworth/lich?
              incywincystitches.com - Fabric buttons, button supplies and handmade accessories
              ___

Comment

Lichfield - me too!

I'm in Lichfield too. Tudor Row had crossed my mind but I'm still so disorganised haven't made any enquiries yet. By disorganised I mean haven't actually chosen what I'm going to concentrate on making!!! To many strings to my bow, which sounds really flash now I write it but I'm more a 'Jack-of-all-trades-master-of-none'!!! lol
                What about the craft shop/gallery at the end of Tudor Row, opp The Garrick? To arty-farty?
                Oh pooh! school run..... back soon
                http://ethelandednastearoom.blogspot.com/
                http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

Comment

Originally posted by incywincy View Post
                  Thanks C, thought you meant tudor row.

Pauline, do you know of any good fairs around tamworth/lich?
                  Sorry incy, I really don't know of any craft fairs in Tamworth. If there is any, they are not very well advertised and to be honest of all the toppers that I've sold world wide, I have only ever sold one set here in Tamworth! Between you and me I dont tammies are into crafts!!

The only 3 craft fairs I've tried were in Hinkley, Leicester and one school one in Swadlincote and all 3 were rubbish!

Never heard of any in Lichfield either!

If I ever do another craft fair (for wyatt's clock etc), I think I will travel and go further south - if that makes sense!

Pauline

Claire, thanks for your compliment
                  p.s.. I used to have a pub in Lichfield - yep, had a turn at being a landlady
                  Personalised Wedding Cake Toppers

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                    Sorry incy, I really don't know of any craft fairs in Tamworth. If there is any, they are not very well advertised and to be honest of all the toppers that I've sold world wide, I have only ever sold one set here in Tamworth! Between you and me I dont tammies are into crafts!!

The only 3 craft fairs I've tried were in Hinkley, Leicester and one school one in Swadlincote and all 3 were rubbish!

Never heard of any in Lichfield either!

If I ever do another craft fair (for wyatt's clock etc), I think I will travel and go further south - if that makes sense!

Pauline

Claire, thanks for your compliment
                    p.s.. I used to have a pub in Lichfield - yep, had a turn at being a landlady
                    Thanks Pauline Didn't think there would be many round tamworth, but you would have thought Lichfield would have a few good ones?

I'm doing the Lichfield Christmas market next December as that seems to have a good turn out (Just hope I can stand in the cold for 8 odd hours!). But that's the only one I know of in Lichfield?

~ which pub did you run?
                    ___

Comment

Working...
                    X