New Auction Site aimed at crafters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Auction Site aimed at crafters

Hi there is a new auction site setting up that is targeting handmade crafts as its main selling audience, so if you would like to register, list your things for free and help get this site off the ground then please help make this a place where any crafter's can sell their hard work. Oh just to mention there is a 5% fee for anything which is sold. So take a look at moonbid.co.uk and help them spread the word.

I couldn't find that web address but found something called moonbid on woods n crafts not sure if its the same? Sounds very intersting though and would be keen to know more
    Carrie

Comment

Originally posted by Tiaraprincess View Post
      I couldn't find that web address but found something called moonbid on woods n crafts not sure if its the same? Sounds very intersting though and would be keen to know more

think its the site ... I would be interested in selling a few thing if it looks like its going to take off

Comment

Originally posted by Tiaraprincess View Post
        A bit odd that you couldn't find it. Please don't rush in before making sure.
        Carol
        God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

There are so many of these sites now. I've done a few in the past and never had any sales. The only one that really works is Notonthehighstreet.
          Carole x
          www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Any relation to M**n P*g

Pete

Just had a quick look, seem to have a grand total of 23 items for sale at the moment.
            Last edited by bodrighy; 09-02-2013, 05:05 PM.
            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
            Facebook

Website

Comment

I can't find it either.

Problem with these new sites is they never last very long any way. I think I'll stick with the established UK based folksy.com

Also I'm not that keen on Auction type site's either.
              So many projects, so little time

http://folksy.com/shops/eileenscraftstudio

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fol...92535377497013

Comment

Good morning all.

Just to clear up a few points... MoonBid was only created 5 days ago, after hours of painstaking code generation to make the pages on the site work as it should. The sites .com and .co.uk are both hosted on their own servers and will sit there running away for at least the next 10 years.
                Since Monday it now has 16 registered users, 37 items for sale mostly on buy it now, and at least 400 unique visitors per day. MoonBid has been created primarily for crafter's like us to have another place to list our handmade products, maybe things that don't sell on other sites so well and end up cluttering up corners gathering dust.
                It is free to join, free to list anything you like and the only charge that there will be is a 5% final value fee for anything that sells, that is when that option is turned on. (30 days notice will be given to each user before that happens)
                So really what have you got to lose by listing at least one item and waiting for an email to say that it has been sold. and telling your friends of a great new site sitting on the internet where crafter's and the handmade community are welcome.

Comment

If I hadn't been told that this was a crafter site I would never have guessed it in a million years. Not very well presented. Even the few items I could find that were "handmade" had no information about the maker. Much better sites available.
                  Cathy
                  I sew, therefore I am.
                  I apologise in advance for any spelling or grramatical errors, I'm on tablets - no, no - I'm on a tablet.

Comment

I won't be using it. It has nothing in about us page, help sections are minimal, looks very poorly set up

Comment

MoonBid has been created primarily for crafter's like us to have another place to list our handmade products,
                      so the following categories hardly seem appropriate!

Art & Antiques

Baby

Books, Comics & Magazines

Business, Office & Industrial

Cameras & Photography

Cars, Vans & Motorcycles

Clothing, Shoes & Accessories

Coins & Stamps

Collectables

Computers, Tablets & Networking

Crafts

Dolls & Bears

DVD, Films & TV

Health & Beauty

Home & Garden

Mobile Phones & Communications

Movies & Video

Music

Office & Business

Pet Supplies
                      full time mum and very very part time crafter.

Comment

Must admit I got past the first page and onto crafts, but the first 6 categories I clicked were empty!

I'd rather there were no categories than hundreds of empty ones..... very offputting.

Sadly I suspect the OP has put lots of time into this but has tried to be all encompassing. A very steep learning curve, methinks.
                        Do not watch this space

Comment

Working...
                        X