Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ETSY Shops

Hi

I'm wondering what people's views on etsy shops are? Are they good at generating sales for your products? Easy to deal with? Cost-effctive etc? Any comments positive and negative shall be interesting and helpful in deciding to go with them or not.

Thanks,
    Les.

http://www.impressions-designer-gifts.co.uk

Totally easy to set up and use, and cost effective. You just have to have a unique product with good search words or your product will be swamped and you won't get any views.
    Coryographies on Etsy (bookshelf, tea, and sushi jewellery)
    Coryographies' Blog (Join the free giveaway!)
    Coryographies on Facebook
    Twitter: @Coryographies
    If you'd like to swap shop banners to advertise on each others' sites please message me

Comment

i was also considering Etsy but wasnt sure if it would bring sales in so decided to start website with ekm, let us know how you get on
      http://www.facebook.com/vinylgraphicsonline
      https://twitter.com/vinylgraphicsaf
      www.vinylgraphics-wallart.com

Comment

I use folksy and Etsy. I have lots of views but no sales on Etsy, but that may be down to what I am selling. I'll be opening a big cartel shop for my figures soon as well as selling through the usual channels.

If nothing else, using Etsy serves as advertising and they do give great inspiration for themes and colours so you can plan ahead.
        Check out my stuff on:
        Etsy and Folksy

Comment

As an overall platform I like Etsy for stats - if you make sure that you use good Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) then you will get good overall page and shop hits - so, for example, if you make (like I do) long earrings when you write your title on Etsy you say, "Long Dangle Earrings, Green, Copper" and then use those terms in your description and the use those terms in your tags. This will all help with your views. After that you can only promote via (in no particular order but be aware that facebook/twitter/blogs can be linked) Craftjuice, Facebook, Twitter, any other forums you belong to, your blog.....

If you use Etsy then you pay Etsy a fee to list (around 13p for 4 months) plus a fee when you sell plus a fee via Paypal. BUT. Until you can promote yourself successfully via website that costs you less Etrsy is as good a place as anywhere to sell. But you have to promote it every day, somehow, someway without it looking like spam.

But.......promotion is promotion. Good luck!
          Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

I have a question about ETSY as well... Cause is mainly for US users... ARE there enough UK buyers there. For example i am crafting and selling very small items which i can sell only in UK ( cause of the shipping costs) if i make ETSY shop is it gonna be better than ebay uk.
            Thanks
            www.thetutufairy.co.uk
            Lovely hair clips and headbands for your little ones
            See my products

My ETSY shop
            My EBAY

Comment

I've just opened a shop on Etsy. I've currently been selling on Folksy but I thought I would try both and compare how I do. Il come back in a few months with the results. I'm going to promote them both a s equally as I can to get fair results

Katie,

http://www.etsy.com/shop/ElizabethLaker
              http://folksy.com/shops/ElizabethLaker

Comment

Originally posted by evie-babyboutique View Post
                I have a question about ETSY as well... Cause is mainly for US users... ARE there enough UK buyers there. For example i am crafting and selling very small items which i can sell only in UK ( cause of the shipping costs) if i make ETSY shop is it gonna be better than ebay uk.
                Thanks
                There's a lot of UK users that use Etsy, but the majority are from the US. Around 10% of my sales are to the UK though - I guess it would be a bit difficult to get lots of sales on Etsy and only ship to the UK.

If your items are really small but are shipped as a small package and not large letter, it's only .60p more! And small packages to Europe are the same price as first class in the UK.
                Coryographies on Etsy (bookshelf, tea, and sushi jewellery)
                Coryographies' Blog (Join the free giveaway!)
                Coryographies on Facebook
                Twitter: @Coryographies
                If you'd like to swap shop banners to advertise on each others' sites please message me

Comment

Hi.... I've had an Etsy shop for a few weeks now and had a couple of sales - one for a repeat order for 8 custom made Kindle covers which was great. However I am amazed how anyone found any of our products as we can't when we do our own research. I will go in again and check the keywords are repeated enough (but not too much). But I was wondering if anyone has used the Etsy 'Search Ads' option and if that helped their sales?
                  Beverley
                  Julie and Beverley - JuBerry Fabrics & Designs
                  JuBerry Website
                  Facebook Page
                  Etsy Shop
                  Blog

Comment

Does anyone know if you can only list one thing at a time on Etsy? I currently use Folksy and can list more than one of an item in an ad, because I have multiples of some of my stock, but I get the impression that on Etsy I could just list one and then relist it again after someone has purchased one.. This seems like a lot of hassle! I can't find anywhere with really clear information about the whole process though? Not sure if maybe I'm just looking in the wrong place?
                    I'd like to try and branch out onto Etsy to reach a wider audience so that I can sell a few bits and get off the ground so that I can start doing more creative bits and will have a bit of money in my pocket to fund it, but I'm a bit worried it might not be worth it!

Comment

Hi.... You can set a quantity for the amount of each item you have. I hope this helps.
                      regards
                      Beverley
                      Julie and Beverley - JuBerry Fabrics & Designs
                      JuBerry Website
                      Facebook Page
                      Etsy Shop
                      Blog

Comment

Working...
                      X