X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handmade Lives
    replied
    Originally posted by Cuckoos Nest View Post
    I wouldn't expect the butcher to reduce fillet steak because he doesn't sell as much of it as mince.
    That is such a good way of saying it I am going to nick that

Leave a comment:

• hazelsmail
    replied
    Lovely and informative information thank you for sharing x

Leave a comment:

• Cuckoos Nest
    replied
    You've hit the nail on the head. There's nothing worse than buying something at a fair, and then seeing the same item later marked at 'half price' which makes you feel cheated.

I think sometimes we're panicked into drastic measures because work isn't selling, but if someone really likes something enough to buy it they'll buy it at the proper price. I wouldn't expect the butcher to reduce fillet steak because he doesn't sell as much of it as mince.

Also, people at craft fairs aren't looking for 'cheap' (those that do go to pound shops or car boots) - they want to know they've purchased something of quality and value, and if we underprice a product we immediately devalue it.

Far better than having a sale is surely to have a good range of products at different values (but still properly priced) so that people who can't afford £25 will be tempted to buy something smaller (but equally good) at £5.

I think you site's brilliant by the way.
    Last edited by Cuckoos Nest; 17-01-2013, 11:59 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Handmade Lives
    started a topic Special Offers and other Disasters

Special Offers and other Disasters

tophat.JPGHi everyone I have just done the promised piece on Sales and Discounts and why they rarely help and can do your business real harm. Do have a read and see if you agree
Working...
X