QR Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QR Codes

I stumbled across this QR Code Generator (you know, those codes you scan with your phone/web cam and it takes you straight to a web page) and thought I'd share in case it's useful for anyone.

http://www.qrstuff.com/

You can download your code as an image and then use it on your business cards, invoices and stuff. I'm thinking of setting up a special discount page and putting a QR code for it on my receipts.

Thank you for this interesting link.

Roger

Comment

cool - could be a interesting tool to use - they have rubber stamp versions etc too so i guess could be a good way of getting people to your products. How many people use these scanners though? because i never do
      Craft Supplies Website: Trysordy Crafts

Top Yarns of the Month
      Gedifra
      Adriafil
      Anchor Style

Comment

How mad is this World, I'm on Facebook with a guy tat does very tricky QR Code stuff.

Will post some more creative things later.

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook
        Bob Tanner Facebook ~~Viktor von Forkenspoon Facebook ~~Shirt Creek Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
        bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

cool design in the background. does it using photoshop? or another program
          Craft Supplies Website: Trysordy Crafts

Top Yarns of the Month
          Gedifra
          Adriafil
          Anchor Style

Comment

Originally posted by Trysordy Crafts View Post
            cool design in the background. does it using photoshop? or another program
            I didn't do it but I have seen it on YouTube and they used adobe Photoshop. You have to balance the background and the code transparency for the code to work.

You can try it with your phone on the screen before you finish the design to see if it works.

You can also swap the little squares for objects, takes hours but it's do-able!

Guess what I'll be doing til daft-o-clock lol

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook

“Our ordinary mind always tries to persuade us that we are nothing but acorns and that our greatest happiness will be to become;
            bigger, fatter, shinier acorns, but that is of interest, only to pigs. Our faith gives us knowledge of something better, that we can become oak trees.”

Comment

There are ways to add your logo to your code too.

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

50 creative uses of qr codes http://www.flyteblog.com/flyte/2011/...-qr-codes.html and why we should use them
                Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

Now here's a business idea for all the cross stitcher's on here.....and I don't mean the angry ones

There's beadwork too!

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Trysordy Crafts View Post
                    cool - could be a interesting tool to use - they have rubber stamp versions etc too so i guess could be a good way of getting people to your products. How many people use these scanners though? because i never do

I'm 54 and I use my scanner sometimes..............."kids" use them all the time as it's new and cool!

Now we can get in 1st and be cooler then they are lol.

It's a way of saving paper too. The advert grabs your attention and the code gives you all the text on your phone. You can then email it or "whatever" as the kids would say.

There is hundreds of ways to use it, just let your imagination go wild!

A guy I was talking to got a bit technical with me but what he does is this...He creates a code to say your website so people can go there from reading the code. If you want to change your mind and want it diverting to another website etc he does something to the previous code url and it's then diverted.

In "simple terms, you can have things printed out and distribute them and if you change your mind he can send people to another web page from the same image you had printed.

Sorry for the gobbledygook but I can't explain it any better.

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

I find these really quite amazing. The ability to take several squares in some sort of pattern and actually have something read that pattern as though it's actual text and such is amazing.

I've played around with QR codes before but only simple things such as changing the colours.

Very simple one above for when my website is up and running. ( just points to 123-reg at the mo )

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose View Post
                        I find these really quite amazing. The ability to take several squares in some sort of pattern and actually have something read that pattern as though it's actual text and such is amazing.

I've played around with QR codes before but only simple things such as changing the colours.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26732[/ATTACH]

Very simple one above for when my website is up and running. ( just points to 123-reg at the mo )
                        Sorry but your attachment didn't work so I cant see it.

Here's something I have been playing with.....I just hope it works

Edie: Just tried it with my phone and it works yippeeeeee

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

Very impressive Vik.

Mine isn't anything like that lol just changed the colour.

Comment

Originally posted by snowgoose View Post
                            Very impressive Vik.

Mine isn't anything like that lol just changed the colour.

Don't knock your own creativity....there are loads out there to do that for you

Very good though, much better than plain old black.....you need to keep ahead of the competition!

Vik

Oakdale Studios Facebook

Comment

haha, I always knock my own creativity, it's my biggest downfall.

I'm going to try and do one with a flame background and see how that works and possibly use that for my site

Comment

Working...
                              X