Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New website, what do you think?

Hi Guys
    I did post a thread a couple of weeks back asking for your help with a webshop. I took on board your advice and after a fair bit of research and investigation i chose to set it up with create.net. It was quite time consuming first time round for me but only because i'm a bit of a luddite, it was certainly very clearly explained and the choice of designs were endless. Anyway, I have now put the link on and would be very interested in what you think. Your advice and opinions would be most welcome. I'm hoping to get better at the photography. I had to get the photos uploaded quickly and some of them aren't overly clear, lighting an issue still but I'll get better. It's all so new to me at the mo. Anyway, looking forward to your comments again.... oh and thanks again to all those that helped me out before.
    my web page ~ my facebook page ~ my folksy page ~ my misi page

Only had chance to have a quick look so far jools, and 2 things struck me straight away. On the homepage, you might want to try and lose the dotted line that separates the page into 'boxes', and under the bridal section I would have an illustrative photo for eah category, rather than just the sub menu headings.
    Just my opinion.....

Linda
    www.greatbritishcraftbazaar.co.uk

Comment

I think Linda is right with the dotted lines, they're a bit distracting an uneven. A lot more photographs would spice it up a bit to
      Its looking great though!

Originally posted by GBCB View Post
      Only had chance to have a quick look so far jools, and 2 things struck me straight away. On the homepage, you might want to try and lose the dotted line that separates the page into 'boxes', and under the bridal section I would have an illustrative photo for eah category, rather than just the sub menu headings.
      Just my opinion.....

Linda
      Clark Arts,
      Handmade Jewellery.

http://ClarkArts.etsy.com
      http://www.folksy.com/shops/ClarkArts

Join me on facebook at:
      http://www.facebook.com/ClarkArtsJewellery

Comment

Yeah thanks. Must admit we thought the same but couldn't find how to without changing the page layout too much. I'll have another look. Thanks.
        my web page ~ my facebook page ~ my folksy page ~ my misi page

Comment

each page seemed to take a reeeeally long time to load. i think perhaps your pictures are too large?
          makes it very hard for people to look at your site if it takes a while to load - people can be very impatient!

Comment

Very nice site and it all worked on my comp set up lol it took me ages to get our site so it worked on most comps i would get it right on main comp and then find it all over the shop on my laptop grrr all to do with different resolution lol Any way if you have a links page i would love exchange with you. Oh and check out my site at crafty-bits the other link does not work. When i can have the time i will take it off lol Regards Charlie
            Pauline (Deceased) and Charlie (wishing he was)
            www.crafty-bits.co.uk

www.geckocards.co.uk Ps this link is to old site ( not there now)
            But it was Paulines so i cant delete it

Comment

Working...
            X