Etsy's social media DIY-saster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etsy's social media DIY-saster

When we used to think about dystopian Big Brother scenarios, the horror stemmed from an invasion of our personal lives by an all-seeing, all-knowing secret police. Who would have guessed that it would actually be free-market capitalism that exposed your secret love of extra large leather bondage cuffs to the entire world?

But that's exactly what happened when Etsy.com

More info here:

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/t...rch/index.html

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
    (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

The school girl in me finds it hilarious and I immediately want to find out if I know of any these plug purchasers but (excuse the pun) I might think somewhat differently if I was one of them. I didn't realise such items were sold on Etsy and I suspect those sellers might see their shop visitor numbers go up in the next few days!

Seriously though, bad call from Etsy, tisk tisk!
    For craft materials and supplies: www.stickytiger.co.uk

Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/stickytiger
    Find me on facebook: www.facebook.com/stickytiger
    See my pinterest picks: www.pinterest.com/stickytiger

Comment

Thats soooo bad of Etsy but funny and worrying too
      Chris xx
      My Website
      My Blog

Comment

And there was me wondering why there was a picture of bondage cuffs at the top of the article . . . . .

Fortunatly for most things I am Mrs Silver Thistle-Beads when it comes to filling in box's ! - and no you wont find me on any of the afore mentioned "plug" searches either before anyone looks ;P

Francesca
        * BLOG * WEB * FACEBOOK * TWITTER *
        Watch faces, Crystal Innovations sliders and much more

* Rome wasn't built in a day - although that was the builders original estimate *

Comment

Oh my word! How embarrassing for some!!

Comment

Now it makes sense! I always look at the search strings that people use to visit my web site and just the other day I showed OH the most 'unusual' which was candy floss dichroic 'thingie' they used the real word! (which I don't sell btw) I didn't even know they would be made of glass, let alone dichroic glass, but judging by the article Etsy is the place to find such things - alas I am now of course too scared to go and even see what a candy floss one would look like in case I am forever tagged for my curiosity!
            Terry xxx
            You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
            Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

Thats mental!!! I didn't even think you could buy stuff like that on etsy!!!!!

Is folksy that risque?! *off to look*
              my folksy
              Kryshees Blog
              www.kryshees.com

Comment

Working...
              X