No announcement yet.

Converting Blog Hits to Website Sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know I must be missing something, but I can't find your blog address?
    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by onlyme View Post
      I know I must be missing something, but I can't find your blog address?
      Me neither! I started to get excited by reading how good your blog seems to be, and wanted to have a nose, but can't see a link?

Comment

Took me a while to find the blog address, but found it purely by accident.
        It's in the "About the designer" part of the website, right at the bottom.
        My Website: http://www.endevajewellery.co.uk
        Twitter: EndevaJewellery

Comment

What is the address of your blog please - I seem to be missing a link! (or two!!!!!!!!!!)
          Janice Phoenixjewellery from

http://www.phoenixfabrics.co.uk
          http://phoenixjewellery.blogspot.com/
          http://phoenixbridal.blogspot.com/
          http://bernie-bear.blogspot.com

Comment

Just joined your blo

Originally posted by Endeva View Post
            Took me a while to find the blog address, but found it purely by accident.
            It's in the "About the designer" part of the website, right at the bottom.
            I joined your blog and read your post about facebook advertising. I am interested in doing it too but a bit scared at cost etc thanks
            www.yourspecialdelivery.co.uk

www.handcrafted-gina.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by gina rahman View Post
              I joined your blog and read your post about facebook advertising. I am interested in doing it too but a bit scared at cost etc thanks
              Hi Gina x

Thanks for joining my blog
              I've just posted up a bit of info for you (and anyone else) on my blog.
              Hope it makes some sense lol, feel free to ask questions if you have any

Comment

facebook ads

I have done it now, thanks for the info.

My ad starts to run tomorrow, like you have set a small budget, will see what traffic and response I get from it and tweek it a bit.

If anyone is interested in doing facebook advertising them read endeva's blog for how to set it up, nice and easy to understand.

Thanks once again
                www.yourspecialdelivery.co.uk

www.handcrafted-gina.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by gina rahman View Post
                  I have done it now, thanks for the info.

My ad starts to run tomorrow, like you have set a small budget, will see what traffic and response I get from it and tweek it a bit.
                  That's great Gina, you'll have to let us know how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Phoenixjewellery View Post
                    What is the address of your blog please - I seem to be missing a link! (or two!!!!!!!!!!)
                    Sorry guys - it's www.pictureitinstitches.blogspot.com

Look forward to your comments !!
                    Sarah
                    For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Call to action

Hi,
                      Had a look at the blog, you are a busy little pup for sure. Nice gear.
                      My 2 bits worth would be
                      1: Agree with post about unique visitors.
                      2: Check your stats to see what search terms people are entering to get to your blog. That is what they are expecting to see when they get there. This is the "Handle" that you have on your surfer. Present product or messages that reinforce their feeling that they are getting what they want.
                      3: I would increase the call to action to visit your website. The link on the left is in a great eye map spot that I believe is being under utilized.
                      4: The purple "Blooming Felt" image link looks more like a logo than a hyperlink to your site. I would add a button type image to it that says Click Here to see All Felt Products, as opposed to a text link "Shop at Blooming Felt" Shop comes across as spending money, whereas View all products or such is more informational and click friendly - I would think.
                      5: When you change the images or text as suggested, make sure you track them in your stats and run 3 different versions for a week each. Pick the best one and then refine 3 versions from that. This will slowly lead you to the absolute best performing link that you can have.
                      6: "My Photo" did not load on the top right. When anything appears broken on a website, they leave in droves. Trust in web commerce is always line edge and a simple broken image link can lose you many clicks.
                      7: I would personally leave the fav websites where they are. Even google adsense regards position 3-7 as better clickthrough on the right nav bar than higher at 1-3.

Hope you get something out of these humble ramblings :-)
                      Cheers
                      Marc

Comment

Hi Marc

Thanks for taking the time to check out my blog - all good comments you made and I'll take them on board and have a play around.

Blog visits have definitely increased recently - I think the fact that I joined the "subscribe to the blog above" thread on the crafts forum, has helped. Also, running the giveaway promotes interest and I've noticed that I'm getting lots of visitors from other blogs where people have put me on their blog rolls.

I have got a little bit lazy about updating the blog to be honest, purely because my website has been so busy (shouldn't complain !) but I'm trying to make more time for it !

Thanks again to everyone for your comments and for taking the time to check me out !!
                        Sarah
                        For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Post images relevant to post on a blog. It would be attractive, matching color combination and stylish fonts and also mention website link on the image. Well formatted and researched content available on the website for more visitors. You can invite Guest writers for new thoughts.

Comment

Since you sell supplies like wool and felt, you could write a blog post on your blog (duh :P) about things you personally made with your own products. It's a good way to showcase what your supplies can potentially make.

Those posts could be as detailed as a tutorial that'll teach the person how to make it themselves with your supplies.

Comment

Working...
                            X