No announcement yet.

Does anyone use Paypal Postage Labels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone use Paypal Postage Labels?

Does anyone use the Paypal Postage labels when someone pays you through Paypal? A friend mentioned it to me yesterday but I wondered if anyone has used it, if it charges you etc?

If you print the label, do you need to send the parcel that day? What if you only have regular scales - what if the weight is slightly out?

Sorry, lots of questions!!!
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

I don't use them, I've got a feeling they charge for them.

I use Paypals invoicing tool though which is great, and I'm thinking about sending 'money off next purchase' vouchers out with my paintings just as soon as I've figured out Paypals voucher system.
    Amanda
    xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
      I'm thinking about sending 'money off next purchase' vouchers out with my paintings just as soon as I've figured out Paypals voucher system.
      Yes I use the invoicing tool too. Didn't know you could do vouchers? I do my own and enclose them with orders usually.
      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
        Yes I use the invoicing tool too. Didn't know you could do vouchers? I do my own and enclose them with orders usually.
        I don't know if they do the actual vouchers, I meant the box you can put a voucher code in at checkout(sorry for my non technical terms). I think designing the voucher myself is more fun. Had fun today buying new business cards and return address labels. (do I need to get out more??)
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

I've used the postage stamps but only once. It's easy enough to do and i don't think they charge you for the service as all they really do is pass you onto Royal Mail. They do have to be sent within 24 hours, but whatever you do don't take them to the post office to get proof of postage as the woman gave me a right ear bashing,
          Emma
          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
          Sassy Crafts Blog
          My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
            but whatever you do don't take them to the post office to get proof of postage as the woman gave me a right ear bashing,
            Why? Don't you get proof of posting then if you use them?
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

It's because you've bought your postage from the Royal Mail and not the post office and they are competitors, you have to go to your royal mail depot to get POP.
              Emma
              Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
              Sassy Crafts Blog
              My Blog

Comment

Just had a look and it is definately a free service, but I would worry I was always paying too much because when I weigh my parcel it is always a bit higher than at the PO.
                Amanda
                xx

Comment

Originally posted by EMEvans View Post
                  It's because you've bought your postage from the Royal Mail and not the post office and they are competitors, you have to go to your royal mail depot to get POP.
                  Ooooh now that's VERY interesting, I've just got a franking machine on a 1 mth free trial (just pay for the postage) and they told me I could get the POP from the post office. Haven't used it yet as too dim to set it all up without hubby's help but won't be much good if I've got to drive into town every day to get the POP when my post office is only 4 doors away...will check with my local postmaster before I bother getting it set up.
                  Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

only used once

only used it once and it seems set on printing a whole page for each one, so i decided instead of wasting a sheet of paper and cellotape attaching it I'd use stamps.
                    I get the stamps cheaper at cosco anyway!!
                    Elizabeth
                    check out my handbags
                    www.rapunzelstrikesback.co.uk
                    http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Retro-Boutique

Comment

For now I stick to using stamps, but I'm quite lucky in that most of my post comes under a couple of weight/packet sizes.

I get through a load of large letter 1st stamps.

If I need a lot, I use the franking machine at the day job, rather than end up with an envelope looking like a Russian General
                      Melanie

"When I talk about belief, why do you always assume I'm talking about God?" Serenity

http://www.myspace.com/kandmcreations
                      http://www.kandmbeadshop.co.uk/ | http://www.kandmcreations.co.uk/
                      http://kandmcom.etsy.com

Comment

My husband uses smart stamp from the Royal Mail for his business. It costs I think £50 for the year, but he sends an awful lot of post! Thats easy to print out but not used the paypal one.

If its helpful, use the Royal Mail website to see how much its going to cost you - you select weight, size, country etc and it gives all the options - first class, second class, recorded etc. And if you're sending stuff that is very similar in size & weight then you can make sure you have the right amount of stamps.
                        Could save you putting two first class stamps on a package that only needs an extra 20p thus saving money!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X