Mobile chip and pin - reporting back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mobile chip and pin - reporting back

A while ago now I posted a thread about mobile chip and pin terminals, got a few answers, read a few other threads, and decided to go ahead and get one (after joining the Federation of Small Businesses to get it cheaper). I said I would report back on how useful it has been, and whether it was worth the money.

Well, it has been working for around 3 weeks now. The first craft fair I didn't need it because the heavens opened and very few people came. However, since then, I have been able to make sales at one of my workshops which I otherwise wouldn't have been able to do (lady had no chequebook), and today at Honley I almost doubled my takings. I have no doubt that the sales I made because I had the machine would not have happened without (one lady bought up almost all my stock of little beaded lampwork beads on silver chains).

At this rate it will have paid for itself by the end of the year - yeah, well, I don't expect all the fairs to be as good, but even so, we got off to a really good start and I am pleased I took the plunge.
    Mary
    www.somata.co.uk
    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

That is really great news for you, great to hear and really hope it does pay for itself by the end of the year. Am sure it will really come into its own at Christmas time.
    Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Jo - it had been a bit of a gamble, and definitely not cheap, but hopefully it will be worth it in the end.
      Mary
      www.somata.co.uk
      www.stitchnglass.co.uk
      www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
      www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

chip and pin

looking to do some crafts fairs and want to no where the best to get a moblie chip and pin
        help please

Comment

Working...
        X