Just opened an Ebay Shop!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just opened an Ebay Shop!

Well, I have decided to take the plunge! After considering everyone's advice, the general feedback seemed to be that is was worth a go, so I have taken the plunge The first month is free, so will see how it goes. Sold a mirror on ebay yesterday and hoping to get another sale through a second chance offer, so let's hope this is a good thing!

I really want to start getting some money back - I have seen lots of new materials and had lots of ideas recently, so need to fund these!!! Fingers crossed
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Good luck. I have never taken the plunge with ebay myself, though I keep thinking about it. And since coming here I have found out about Etsy too (though still not sure I have grasped their web site properly....)
    Anyway, best of luck, and really hope it works for you.
    Mary
    www.somata.co.uk
    www.stitchnglass.co.uk
    www.gemstoneboutique.co.uk
    www.somata-pmc.co.uk

Comment

I hope it all goes well for you. Keep us updated as i'm sure there's a few on here that would be interested (me included).
      Emma
      Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
      Sassy Crafts Blog
      My Blog

Comment

Hope your ebay shop goes well for you. Keep us posted.

Ebay are doing a 10p listing day on Thursday, all my paintings are going on.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

10p listing day...

...they waited until I had listed before they emailed me about this!!! Oh well, will take advantage as you said and list more on Thursday! Nothing to report back yet (early days) but let's hope I get a few sales from it
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Glad to hear you have set up an ebay shop. I think it's a good move. be patient though. Remember shop lisings don't appear in the main search results on ebay (you knew there must be a catch for such cheap listings didn't you!!). So make sure you have some auctions up to draw people to your shop and about me page.

Remember too that your titles are so, so very important. You only want words in there that are likely to be searched for. So words like 'lovely' and 'beautiful' , 'and' and 'the' etc... are not much use. Think what someone would search for and pack you titles with those words. It doesn't have to read like a sentance.

So for mirrors it might be:

Mosaic mirror blue white bathroom hand made

etc... you get the idea.

Also, have a look at other peoples auctions. Find ones that are similar to yours and that have good sales and pick elements that you think might work in your own auctions. If it works for them it could work for you.
            It goes without saying that a really good image is very important too.

Hope that helps.
            Hang in there, have patience and keep tweaking.

Steve
            Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
            www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
            Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

Hello,
              I have been selling my CDs on Ebay and had an Ebay shop for about a year now. It was slow going at first but now I sell at least one per day everyday on there(Usually more!). I am having thoughts about keeping my Ebay shop, I do sell from it but not very often, I have a completed ME page directing everyone to my shop etc..but really people don't want to pay full price on Ebay, they want a discounted price which they get on auction listings.. though I had a surprise last night when I sold one CD on auction and then the buyer went on to my own website and bought all my other CDs full price direct from me which was nice!!
              Good luck with your Ebay selling.
              Anice xx
              Funkyhand x
              my website
              http://www.funkyhand.com
              my blog (updated 09/06/10)
              http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
              Follow me on Twitter
              http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

I wish you the very best with your ebay shop.
                I have a shop where I sell my cards, but sales have been pretty poor and sometimes I wonder if it is worth it...but I'm determine not to give in. I know my stuff is good and it just takes time. And yes having things on the auction and good wording is very important. Know you will do well.
                www.simplyroslyn.co.uk

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cards2Inspire

Comment

Originally posted by kipper workshops View Post
                  Remember too that your titles are so, so very important. You only want words in there that are likely to be searched for. So words like 'lovely' and 'beautiful' , 'and' and 'the' etc... are not much use. Think what someone would search for and pack you titles with those words. It doesn't have to read like a sentance.
                  Thanks for the advice Steve - I have just altered my tile to read something like..' Handmade mosaic mirror blue green purple bathroom'

The listing states that the buyer can choose the colour so have tried to get the colours available in too, in case anyone is looking, for example, for a blue mirror.

I will let you know if/when I get a sale! Kate
                  Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Funkyhand View Post
                    It was slow going at first but now I sell at least one per day everyday on there(Usually more!).
                    Wow Anice, that's great!!! How many items do you tend to list on auction? I have 2 on auction at the moment and a total of 7 items in my shop. Will list some more at auction on Thursday when it's 10p listing!
                    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Would anyone mind just giving me a bit more advice on this? I have tried to take everything on board that you have all said and hope the shop / about me page looks ok and will bring in the buyers? It's 10p listing day today so I was thinking of putting a few more things in the auctions. Based on what I do, can anyone recommend what I should put in and what my starting prices should be. I really don't want them to be too low as I would ended up losing money, which is quite depressing!!! At the same time though I need to attract the buyers! The shop address is:

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Katian-Kraf...3aFQ3aSTQQtZkm

Thanks!
                      Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

If it were me i think i would work out what the item cost you to make, and start the bid at that.
                        Then any bids you get over that is a bonus and you havent lost any money, of course there is the time you spend on making them but am i right that the auctions are really a way of getting traffic to your shop?
                        So i would probably treat the auctions as a kind of advertising
                        hopefully people will then get to know your shop.
                        Good Luck
                        http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by icecreamgirl View Post
                          If it were me i think i would work out what the item cost you to make, and start the bid at that.
                          Yes, could do that plus the fees so I am not losing anything. Will try that tonight, see if it gets a bit more interest. I seem to get plenty of hits but the bidders/watchers don't seem to be coming
                          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I am liking having a shop so far, even though I haven't had any sales yet. I have people watching my shop items at the moment, as well as my auction itmes, so its good to know that people are looking and showing an interest.

I find the traffic reports useful - you can see how many hits you've had on your itmes for sale and how many people have visited the shop each day. So far Wed and Fri were the best - I got 29 visits on each - is this good? Even if it isn't I'm glad people are looking.

First auction ends today so I'll see how that goes. Sorry to ramble, its early and nobody else is on so thought I'd post the latest
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

glad, it seems to be going well. Good luck for your auction ending today, I'ce got one ending today too. I opened my shop back up last week, just before they announced the 10p day-arrgh. The stats are great though aren't they, gives a really good idea of where hits are coming from and what days are best. I'm turning into a stat addict, I'm always checking out my stat counter for my website.

Keeping my fingers crossed for all ebayers who have items finishing today. Lets hope for great Sunday sales.
                              Amanda
                              xx

Comment

Working...
                              X