using a blog as a sales gallery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using a blog as a sales gallery

Does anyone else use a blog as a sales gallery?

I have sold much of my work over the web for 13 years but HTML is a hassle. Web2 blogging software makes it easy. Sites like misi, etsy, folksy etc are easy ways to put your work up for sale but there is commission to pay.

I just replaced my web gallery with a dedicated blog (actually my wife Nicola did as she is the techy in the household). It has worked really well. I can now upload new work really quickly with prices and info, mark it as sold in seconds and it all stays there rather than getting lost amidst the chat of my proper blog.

Details, pictures and links to other blog galleries on my blog post here.

http://greenwood-carving.blogspot.co...s-gallery.html
    http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

I have stopped using my web site for selling precisely for the reasons you have given. Trying to keep iy up to date was a nightmare. Subsequently I now do any online selling through Etsy etc and pay the commission using the website merely as a shop window and catalogue. I must look into the idea you have there of inserting the blog. Mind if it takes any more than a basic knowledge of HTML I may not manage but thanks for the ideas and pointers.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
      I have stopped using my web site for selling precisely for the reasons you have given. Trying to keep iy up to date was a nightmare. Subsequently I now do any online selling through Etsy etc and pay the commission using the website merely as a shop window and catalogue. I must look into the idea you have there of inserting the blog. Mind if it takes any more than a basic knowledge of HTML I may not manage but thanks for the ideas and pointers.

Pete
      No need for knowledge of HTML at all. Just set up a new blog, call it gallery or whatever and post a link to it from your website. Presumably you currently have a link from website to etsy it would be just the same. The only need to dabble with HTML is if you want the new blog to be embedded in the site rather than opening a new window. If you look at my friend Euan's blog gallery linked from my post he doesn't embed it's just a link to a separate blog.
      http://www.robin-wood.co.uk

Comment

If you use Wordpress for your blog you can add a shopping cart plug-in - and it's free to start. Check out www.instinct.co.nz

It takes a bit of sorting out but once it's up and running it's easy to keep updated.
        My blog: Selling Crafts Online
        Ebook: Complete Craft Book Publishing
        New: Free Craft Article Directory: Great Craft Articles

Comment

If you host your own Wordpress blog you can add useful plugins like the picture gallery on my website.
          Kev.
          www.steampunkkaleidoscopes.com
          www.steampunkrelics.co.uk
          If you think you can do a thing or if you think you can't you will be right. Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
          X