Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

My brother has a business he started last summer for the christmas he asked if I could make him some Christmas Cards he could give to his clients and I did and he liked them. That got me thinking about supplying cards to different companies so they could give to their clients. What is the best way to go about approaching companies. Should I write a cover letter and send some samples to businessess? what should I do?
    www.simplyroslyn.co.uk

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cards2Inspire

Hi my husband did the same. My friend makes cards and instead of getting one of the card company's to make them (because they are all the same) he got my friend to do them and everybody commented on them when they got them.

Obviously your brother will use you again this Christmas so get your web details on the back of the cards for future advertising.

You could approach local company's to start off with with a sample and see how you get on. After all that's what the big card company's do.

I am sure you will get plenty of orders particularly as the big company's buy in cards for the Christmas.

All the best

Lisa
    Bowed Over
    Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
    www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Lisa, Soon I will start getting my samples together and maybe in a couple of months will send out the samples....don't want to send them out too early or too late. Really hopes this work.
      www.simplyroslyn.co.uk

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Cards2Inspire

Comment

I think the usual time is round about August that the big company's start sending out there dross (and I mean that most sincerely - they are all the same). But they stipulate to qualify for x discount you need to order by October, don't know if that is something you could think about maybe order so many be October and get so many free (of course there not free just jack up the price of the cards beforehand - but you never heard that from me!!!)

Good luck.

Lisa
        Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X