Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zooming in on Website Photos???

Hi!
    I'm in the process of setting up a website (writing using HTML), and I want to put small photos of the products on the first page, which link to a page with all the details. From here, I'd like to have a zoom feature where the customer can click on the photo and get a large photo.
    However, I have no idea how to do this - do I have to buy something??
    Thanks in advance for any help :-)

PS.This is the front page of my website which I was just doing as a test (there aren't any products on it, the links don't work, and ....just ignore the duck lol) - but do you guys like the overall look?

Find what you want to do and then do it with all your heart.

Google for 'ajax lightbox'. It's a script that displays full sized images from thumbnails.

Example: http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/
    Design, not rocket science. Illustrator, graphic and web designer, mum of two, wife and self-appointed font police.

Changing the world one crayon at a time.

Comment

That's a useful link, Tizzy. I'll have a look at that site.

Another way to do it is to make another page with the big image on it, and then make the small picture a link to the new page. I don't know if techy people would think this is a good way to do it. I'd be interested to know if any of you are techy, or is the script a better way?
      Celia
      I can't be creative and tidy too
      www.jencel.co.uk for beads, findings and threads
      The Occasional Sheffield Bead Shop
      Jencel on Facebook

Comment

Lightbox2 is great.. Easy to install.. Just read the examples on the link above..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
        (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

Oooo perfect, I'll have a bash at that!
          Thanks guys!

Find what you want to do and then do it with all your heart.

Comment

I've been wanting to use something like that as I currently have the click on image, which opens up another document, but it just doesn't look as professional as a lightbox. However, i'm really not technical and html is way above my head! Does anyone know if there's any easier way of getting this on my website??? Many thanks, Marie
            Ivory Bird Jewellery Blog
            Facebook Page
            Vintage Emporium Shop

Comment

jencel method of hyperlinking to a new image is easy to do and certainly does the job, but not as polished as using a script like lightbox.

I won't pretend that it will be easy to integrate lightbox onto your sites, but there are plently of tutorials online with step by step guides and I find that the only way to learn is by trial and error. Once you have got it right you can sit back and bask in the achievement
              Design, not rocket science. Illustrator, graphic and web designer, mum of two, wife and self-appointed font police.

Changing the world one crayon at a time.

Comment

im just getting to grips with lightbox, once youve got the hang of it, its pretty easy, you can get it to flick through several images on one pop up too.

hopefully be uploading some on my site this week, its good because you dont need to make a new page, just have the images ready
                www.rocksforfrocks.co.uk
                http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rocks-For-Frocks/230802980887

Comment

Working...
                X