Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Etsy

Hey all,

I've been making hand made jewellery for nearly a year now and although i've had a few successful craft fairs (and unsuccessful!!) they have been few and far between so I am looking and other ways to sell.

I have been reading a thread about esty from last year but just wanted a more up to date view from all you guys. Is it still as popular? Do you still have regular sales? And also (sorry for all the questions) what do you do all do about shipping to the US - I know this is a US based site but in the UK i offer free p&p from my site but dont think i could offer the same for the US.

PLEASE HELP
    Thanks
    H Bee
    Handmade Jewellery
    Follow me on Twitter
    www.
    elizakate.co.uk
    Etsy Shop!

I have sold 8 pieces in 3 months and had 3 commissions via Etsy. Don't know if that is good or not. All have been for abroad so far imcluding 2 from Australia. You can set up different postal rates for different destinations etc so you could have free for UK and then something else for US etc. Peopl on there reckon it's a bit slow at thye moment but I can't compare to the past. Lower range of goods e.g. £5 - £10 seems to be douiing better but people are starting to think of Christmas already. At 20c an item it's a heck o0f a lot cheaper than a craft fair with no transport costs etc.

Pete
    "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
    Facebook

Website

Comment

I'd never heard of etsy I might look into doing this. Do you pay 20c an item to list or when it sells? I've been on £bay but it's getting more and more expensive to use that as a means of selling, especially when you add paypal on top.
      Embroidery and applique customise and create! www.reebeebaby.co.uk
      My facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Pentyr...y/146337142329
      Twitter: www.twitter.com/reebeebaby
      My blog: http://reebeebaby.wordpress.com/

Comment

It's 20c per item to be listed I think that's per month. It's all rigged up to PayPal as well so there's little or no hassle. When a piece sells it is immediately taken off the shop and you can adjuat the description, picture price etc anytime. Also run sales or discounts.

Pete
        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
        Facebook

Website

Comment

Well i've done it, I just had to turn down a space at a craft fair this weekend as its OH b'day so i've signed up...

Im just trying to set up my profile thingy to start with! EEee its quiet exciting! Its 20cent for 4 months I think I read which is great! I chose not to go with Ebay as i know i only look on there if im try to find a bargin, people dont really care if its handmade or not.

H Bee
          Handmade Jewellery
          Follow me on Twitter
          www.
          elizakate.co.uk
          Etsy Shop!

Comment

Shameful plug, but I have a list of really helpful business info and Etsy tips on my blog if you're interested :-)
            http://crafterholic.blogspot.com/200...-business.html

Find what you want to do and then do it with all your heart.

Comment

I have heard of Etsy but at the moment i have shops on Groovycart which is free, and Misi and Folksy and they charge 20p per lising have had small sale on Groovycart and bigger one on Misi, but haven't had them online very long. Good luck
              www.GroovyCart.co.uk/splash

http://splash.misi.co.uk
              www.splash.folksy.com

Comment

I joined Etsy last week and I sell Jewellery and hair accessories. I have had 2 sales and 1 commision so far. 1 was to the UK and the other 2 to USA. I am really please because I have only listed about 10% of my range as I've been busy with other things.
                www.loutique.co.uk - unique jewellery and accessories
                www.etsy.com/shop/loutique
                www.allthingsuniquefromloutique.blogspot.com
                www.folksy.com/shops/loutique

Comment

Originally posted by loutique View Post
                  I joined Etsy last week and I sell Jewellery and hair accessories. I have had 2 sales and 1 commision so far. 1 was to the UK and the other 2 to USA. I am really please because I have only listed about 10% of my range as I've been busy with other things.
                  Wow thats excellent well done! I havent had time to do anything to my shop yet but i definitely will be adding items this week!!!

Thanks to everyone for your comments
                  Handmade Jewellery
                  Follow me on Twitter
                  www.
                  elizakate.co.uk
                  Etsy Shop!

Comment

I like etsy above all the other sales forums, but I sooo wish they'd make it possible to list in £'s as well as $'s. It would make life much easier and perhaps then I would use it.
                    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Whenever I am using Etsy I have google open as well with a currency converter. Easy ebnough to flick over and convert. Very mild aggravation when thinking of the huge potential customer base.

Pete
                      Facebook

Website

Comment

I agree with you Pete, but wouldn't you have to keep updating because of the exchange rates? I'm sorry to sound so thick, but I am when it comes to maths, lol!
                        Last edited by onlyme; 13-09-2009, 09:42 PM.
                        Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by onlyme View Post
                          I agree with you Pete, but wouldn't you have to keep updating because of the exchange rates? I'm sorry to sound so thick, but I am when it comes to maths, lol!
                          Hadn't thought of that.....rushes off to see if he is undercharging
                          Facebook

Website

Comment

I've only added 4 or 5 items so far and had a few people looking and one lady made an inquiry into one of my bracelets but has not bought it.. yet - im still keeping my fingers crossed.

I just have a quick question about 'hearting' products and shops, do i just heart everthing to get myself seen or just stuff i like?? A bit confusing! lol
                            Handmade Jewellery
                            Follow me on Twitter
                            www.
                            elizakate.co.uk
                            Etsy Shop!

Comment

Originally posted by crafterholic View Post
                              Shameful plug, but I have a list of really helpful business info and Etsy tips on my blog if you're interested :-)
                              http://crafterholic.blogspot.com/200...-business.html
                              Thanks just about to have a look!
                              Handmade Jewellery
                              Follow me on Twitter
                              www.
                              elizakate.co.uk
                              Etsy Shop!

Comment

Working...
                              X