Photograph advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photograph advice

I can't add the photo to my post yet... but.....
    I need advice.... I am trying to photograph cream silk cushion for my website, but it comes out really badly! Any ideas to help would be appreicated!
    Many thanks
    Heidi

Can't say I've tried a cushion, but cards can be tricky as well. I found the best was to use natural light on a white/cream background (luckily we have a conservatory) without a flash and of course a steady hand (if you haven't a stand) on a reasonably high resolution (I use 8.1mp). You might have to play with the exposure a bit (even our cheapo kodak digital has this) just to capture all the detail. Then crop the picture to just what you need and then resize it to the size you want.

The last bit is easier said than done as it depends on graphics package you have on your machine (if any). I use Snagit which I use at work and it's pretty flexible and cheap (for a graphics package), but if you're using a digital camera then you should have got some basic software with that which should fit the bill.

Really is a bit of suck it and see for your individual environment unfortunately.
    David & Catherine

Comment

Try putting the cushion close to a window that doesn't have the sun coming into. The natural light will be soft but bright. Use auto settings for portrait or macro mode on your camera so you get all in focus.

Originally posted by Extra Special Touch Gifts View Post
      I can't add the photo to my post yet... but.....
      I need advice.... I am trying to photograph cream silk cushion for my website, but it comes out really badly! Any ideas to help would be appreicated!
      Many thanks
      www.derekhenderson.ifp3.com

Comment

Working...
      X