Craft Parties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Parties

I have been looking through a number of threads on the forum about jewellery parties and from what I've read these have been very successful. But has anyone held parties to sell other crafts? I make mosaics - mirrors, coasters, photo frames - and wondered if it would work to try a party. My concern is that there wouldn't be enough interest in my crafts, whereas jewellery has a much wider market and you can offer a greater variety of products and designs. Any thoughts?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

I have done two card craft supplies and handmade cards parties. They went ok (first was a sucsess as sold nearly £150 worth). I have got another one coming up next month. Mine are far and few between but i put that down to living in a small town and people worry about having parties incase not many people turn up, or they feel that they don't know enough people who are into making cards.

So from my experience they're a nice little side line but i couldn't make a living on them (although i'm sure some people do).

If you do have a party i'd like to know how you get on.

Emma
    Emma
    Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
    Sassy Crafts Blog
    My Blog

Comment

I think it's a great idea. I used to do Virgin Vie, which I know is totally different, but I found that as long as you have a good range of prices then you are bound to make it a success. Some people will just come for a night out and bring £10, others who are a bit more serious will think about spending £20 or £30. You can always take orders too. If you can, print some postcard size invitations to give to people with their name on so it is a bit more personal than just a flyer. Don't go mad with snacks and drinks, just offer some nibbles and maybe a glass of wine or cup of tea.

Have plenty of business cards or leaflets on the table for people to take, even if you don't sell as much as you are hoping, then people will have your details when they are stuck for a prezzie idea.

You've got time to organise one before Mother's Day so if you decide to do one, good luck. You can guarantee that no-one else in your area is doing the same thing.
      Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
      Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Thanks for the encouragement! Do you usually ask people you know and ask them to bring along friends and family?
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I got intouch with a local craft group and asked if they would mind if i sent them some information about my parties. Sent them the info, and by the next week the party was booked. The other party was asking people i know and they brought some people they knew.

Hope this helps.

Emma
          Emma
          Sassy Crafts Blog
          My Blog

Comment

That's a good idea - any advice on how you find out if there are any craft groups in your area? I haven't come across any in mine so far but I may not be looking in the right place???
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

I work with a lady who's mum was a member of a craft group. You should be able to find out in your local paper, there may be a section in there about social groups and when there next meeting is. Or it may be worth looking for activities or groups in your local area on the internet.

Hope this helps, let me know how you get on.

Emma
              Emma
              Sassy Crafts Blog
              My Blog

Comment

When starting out with Virgin Vie you are encouraged to have a party at home. Invite all your friends (with written invites to make it a bit more official), and put a note on to bring a friend. Do this about 10 days before to give them some notice.

Ring them a couple of days before the event to put pressure on (not really), just to check if they are coming.

Then (here's the best bit), at your party at home tell them that if anyone books a party on the night they get a free gift (mini bottle of wine & a few choccys wrapped in cello wrap and some curly ribbon) this will cost you about £2/3. Have a couple on display on your table to entice bookings. And have your diary ready. Keep mentioning this while you are telling people about your items for sale.

Then while people are browsing you can fill their glasses up and ask "when do you want your party?". Don't be a church mouse - go for it!

I only did V Vie for 3 months up to Christmas but managed to qualify for the Richard Branson High Flyers Club.

Don't forget you are promoting your business and it is as good or better than anyone elses so you have to THINK positive and BE positive.

So endeth my sermon for tonight!
                Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

Hi all,
                  Loads of good advice here about getting parties going!
                  At Craft Party we are trying to support people with thier own handmade products to sell by signing them up as associates and giving them a brochure to sell from as well as having their own stuff on display.
                  I won't go on here, but if anyone is interested do check out my site - and we are very flexible in our approach so if you have any ideas about how to make our schemes work for you, get in touch.
                  Good luck with it all!
                  Mel
                  Try a new way every day and work becomes play!

Comment

I think a great audience for craft parties are children (especially young girls ie for jewellery making). If you can simplify what you do so a child can try to make it, then I think that that could work also. Children's birthday parties would be excellent because you could go to the venue (and not have to use your own premises) and the children get to take home a finished masterpiece as a reminder of the party.

I know of a jewellery company that do this, and can't keep up with the demand......

Lor xx
                    Visit my craft store - http://urbanobjects.co.uk

View my blog - http://www.urbanobjects.blogspot.com

Comment

When I was wedding planning there was a stall holder doing jewellery parties so you could get together with your bridesmaids and try on tiaras and necklaces. I think it depends on the products and what you do at the same time how successful they can be.

I think you could get people to have a go at doing a small mosaic and also have your own to sell it could work. I've only been to 1 Ann Summers party and didn't buy anything but the games were quite fun.
                      View my flickr

'I am sure it must hurt your eyes to work filigree by candlelight.' - Jane Austen

Comment

I think it's a very good idea to give people things to do, so if they don't want to buy they don't feel you have wasted their time.
                        I did one a few weeks ago with a coaster size mosaic, which I charged for, I didn't sell much else but it wasn't a wasted trip because I'd made some money from the activity. And everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!
                        Mel
                        Try a new way every day and work becomes play!

Comment

Firstly, I think you should find someone, who lives close to you, that is quite arty and you can do parties together giving your audience a good variety of things to choose from.
                          Secondly, set a date with your local pub that has a function room, a small one works fine, then put posters up in the pub and in shops in the local vacinity. Invite your friends and family so you can make the numbers up.
                          Offer a raffle prize (which you can advertise on your poster etc.)
                          and maybe a bottle of wine for people who sign up for a party on the night (obviously they get the wine on the actual day of the party)
                          I have started sculpting and my ex sis in law bakes cakes, she has asked me to do the cake toppers for her orders, so there is always a way of interlinking craft ideas with others.
                          http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sock-M...22898944436967
                          Handmade Sock Monkeys, cats and animals

Comment

I have spoken to a friend that makes jewellery - she does not live by me but we have agreed to do a joint party at hers, as she knows more people to invite. Will let you know how it goes, although don't think it will be any time soon as she is only just working on her new range, so isn't looking to do one until that's ready. Thanks for all the great advice, I may look at doing one by me too so will take everything into consideration!
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

sword

Originally posted by katian_krafts View Post
                              I have been looking through a number of threads on the forum about jewellery parties and from what I've read these have been very successful. But has anyone held parties to sell other crafts? I make mosaics - mirrors, coasters, photo frames - and wondered if it would work to try a party. My concern is that there wouldn't be enough interest in my crafts, whereas jewellery has a much wider market and you can offer a greater variety of products and designs. Any thoughts?

how are you i am zaheer dilawar manfecturer of swords,the real hub of swords

i started my business for kitchen knives
                              i am used to making the fellowing producats

paring knife
                              utility knife
                              bread knife
                              chef knife
                              vegitable knife
                              stake knife
                              swords
                              draggers
                              utensil
                              go to my web site