Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "No credit card? You're not welcome here!"

[content removed]
    Last edited by waitingformagic; 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM.

i agree. its a pain in the ass. i dont have a credit card either. I dont trust myself to run it up to its limit ! (been there and done that!)

I use my partners card and just keep a tally of my spending.
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

thats the main reason i didnt sign up to etsy, why they need your card details instead of paypal is just silly nowadays. Folksy accepts just paypal and so does misi.
      http://www.terrilowedesign.co.uk
      http://www.twitter.com/Hello_TerriLowe
      http://territriestwice.blogspot.com/
      email: [email protected]

Comment

Could you not get a prepaid card? They're usually Visa. Or a paypal card?
        george
        www.mizgeorge.co.uk
        www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
        www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Hi I use a pre paid mastercard www.mycashplus.co.uk.
          Its fantastic because it gets around that sticky situation, also I can top up at any epay out let and within 20min ish I can spend it.

Also you can never spend more than what you have put on! Perfect!

Comment

Very odd - is it possibly an age verification issues, from their point of view??

I don't really understand if you're not selling drink/etc - we'll take anyones money, and one of our primary concerns is making it as easy as possible to hand over, lol!
            --Matt

Web Development
            Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I've got exactly the same problem as neither myself or hubby have a credit or debit card and we rely on Paypal or postal payment for everything... it's VERY frustrating!!!

Comment

I think I used my paypal account to set up on Misi, I certainly don't remember giving out card details (I'm very fussy who I give those to!)

As for advertising, Ive not done this so can't help
                Diane
                Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy Squirrel View Post
                  I've got exactly the same problem as neither myself or hubby have a credit or debit card and we rely on Paypal or postal payment for everything... it's VERY frustrating!!!
                  Well, from reading this thread, I'm glad that we're going down the PayPal/Google Checkout (probably both, to be fair) route for payments + pre-payments for projects currently on the books!

Really thought, it is insane - it's not hard to at least accept PayPal as a one-off or 'exception' - we did that by email with half a dozen folks for something else a little while back.

OK PP fees stick in your craw a bit, but if you think about it, streamline + a "real" gateway is not really any cheaper (or not that much cheaper, anyway)!
                  --Matt

Web Development
                  Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I wanted to sign up to Etsy too, and after filling in all my details and creating my profile, I too found out that I couldn't list items because I don't have a credit card. Annoying!!

I have a Debit card, Meastro, thought that would be good enough but apparently not!

Comment

Originally posted by waitingformagic
                      You know what's more annoying?

That, even after you get them to remove your account, you still get left on their mailing list as they don't feel they have to remove you from both - because being on someone's mailer about how to make the most of selling on a site you can't sell on and aren't a member of is so helpful? You have to physically click the "unsubscribe" button yourself (which never showed up in my email!) THAT alone has made me very anti-Etsy, I f-ing hate being left on mailing lists I never wanted to be on in the first place!
                      That is absolutely crazy, absurd that you cannot take yourself of their mailing list. Totally insane. Who are these inept guys anyway?

Jane
                      www.just-soaps.com
                      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Working...
                      X