Clothes show 2009?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clothes show 2009?

Has anyone ever...or thought about doing the clothes show?! I have been asked to exhibit this year. Came as a shock and quite excited but is very tempting! obviously it's not very cheap, but I used to go to this every year (BIrmingham NEC) and the market clientele is right up my street, do you think I should go for it? Would be a 6day event

Surely would have to sell something...possibly...maybe!!?!!!

xx
    Dee x
    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

wow

oooo, lucky you! Sorry I have never been to the clothes show but have obviously heard of it.
    I hope you do really well, I'm sure you will - Good Luck!!!
    *I Love Handmade*
    www.littlemillie.folksy.com
    www.urbancraftdesigners.etsy.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/littlemillie/

Comment

Thank you, there's a while to think about it but i've already got advertising ideas running through my head!x
      Dee x

Comment

Definately go for it, otl be one heck of an experience.
        I went to on at the NEC when I was at college and was thinking of going now its in Lonodn but its just that little bit too far to get there easily.
        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by dee_liteful View Post
          Has anyone ever...or thought about doing the clothes show?! I have been asked to exhibit this year. Came as a shock and quite excited but is very tempting! obviously it's not very cheap, but I used to go to this every year (BIrmingham NEC) and the market clientele is right up my street, do you think I should go for it? Would be a 6day event
          Wow how exciting, but I dread to think how much something like that would be to exhibit at Dee, I'd imagine 'not very cheap' is a bit of an understatement

It's probably worth working out how many bags you need to sell to break even and whether you've the capacity to make that many (plus even more to still give the customers a good selection on day 6). Also don't forget if it's a 6 day event you'll need to pay for accomodation too. You said you've already started thinking about advertising ideas so I'm guessing that includes incentives for people to remember you and to visit (and buy from) your website after the event.

If after you've worked out all the above you're still keen on doing it then I'd be inclined to negotiate like mad on the price. I'd imagine with the recession they'll find it harder than usual to fill stalls so it gives you a good bargaining tool

Good luck
          Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Thank you for the advice,

I have decided I am going to go for it, it will be a great way to promote myself. I worked it out that I would have to sell two bags a day at low prices or one expensive one!

Suprisingly, it isn't that bad compared to the price of some of the larger fairs!

I am also going to make lots of charms and purses, at a lower price so the students can buy!!!

I used to go a lot and spend money on cr*p! So hopefully people will have money to burn...! I havn't been for two years though as it started to get a lot of 'market' type stalls, not that that's bad, but the ranges were quite cheap and mass produced, so I don't know how it is now. I am suprised they want handmade? I can't remember seeing handmade items there before.

Day 6 is usually the day they slash prices so I will definetly have to keep some bits stashed away!
            As for accomodation, Brum isn't far for me so i'd commute. I have already had several pals saying they'd help out too

Any advertising advice would be greatly appreciated! There is a back wall area too, so i'd have to get some good images up!
            Dee x

Comment

I have decided I am going to go for it, it will be a great way to promote myself. I worked it out that I would have to sell two bags a day at low prices or one expensive one!
              Suprisingly, it isn't that bad compared to the price of some of the larger fairs!
              That's great it sounds like you've definitely made a well calculated decision there, wish you loads of luck

I am also going to make lots of charms and purses, at a lower price so the students can buy!!!
              That seemed to work well for the winning team on the Apprentice last week - have the cheaper impulse buy items along with the higher price items - and preferably no £2k rocking horses

When is it?
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Sounds really exciting, I hope you do really well.

I went years ago and really enjoyed it, I used to do lots of shows like that when I was still working and I loved them, such good fun!

Good luck with it!
                Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                X