Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First peek at my new website - feedback appreciated!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First peek at my new website - feedback appreciated!

Well, I was very excited when I opened my emails this evening, to find one from my sister. Sarah (my sis) is a graphic designer and has agreed to design my website for me, after I decided I wasn't that keen on the one I did myself.

She's just emailed me the first draft of my home page and I'd appreciate others thoughts, as it's no good just having mine The pictures along the bottom will be scrolling - there are just a few at the moment as I've only sent her a few pics but the idea is that they will all be different and will link you to that item when you click on it.

There is a post about it on my BLOG but you can also view it through the following link:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_29fGwEutmR.../Picture+6.png
    Last edited by Katianne; 03-05-2009, 10:26 PM.
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

It will look very professional. Always helps when you know someone good at stuff like that doesn't it!
    I really like it, well done.
    Pink Giraffe
    www.pinkgiraffe.co.uk
    email me here

Comment

It's looking good. I like that everything is very clear and sharp in terms of the layout and the info on there. If it was mine I might be tempted by some slightly bolder colours but it does look classy the way it is
      Lorna x
      Lorna x

http://twistedspiral.wordpress.com/ - I've finally ventured into the world of blogging!

Comment

I like it, looks very smart and professional. There is spelling mistake 'welcome' but I appreciate its a first draft.

I hope you don't mind me commenting but I find your 'Katian Mosaic' logo a bit safe and plain. That would be my only criticism of the site other than that I feel it has a good feel to it. Looking forward to seeing more.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

Originally posted by colourart View Post
          I hope you don't mind me commenting but I find your 'Katian Mosaic' logo a bit safe and plain. That would be my only criticism of the site other than that I feel it has a good feel to it. Looking forward to seeing more.
          Not at all - this is exactly what I need. I was so excited to see the first draft I didn't even notice the spelling mistake and the lack of a logo. I've emailed my sister and asked if she can design one for me. Thanks!
          Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

i like the layout, however your work is quite bright and the site is quite pastelly and pale. This also works in your favour as the pics of your mirrors etc will really stand out.

One other point though, get your domain bought now. You never know who might see a page like that and swipe it before you can buy it and publish online.

Comment

I think it looks very stylish! I much prefer simple designs to 'fussy' websites with so much to read you miss the items!

I agree about the logo though, plus once you've got one you can use it on business cards and any other items.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Claire
              x
              "A house without a bear is like a face without a smile!" ME

Web: www.pawprints.org.uk
              Misi: www.pawprints.misi.co.uk
              Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stoke-...104?ref=search

Comment

Originally posted by spagbog View Post
                i like the layout, however your work is quite bright and the site is quite pastelly and pale. This also works in your favour as the pics of your mirrors etc will really stand out.
                Thanks for pointing this out - I've just asked her to give me a few other background options so I can compare them! I've also asked about buying the domain name.

Thanks for all the comments so far - keep them coming!!!
                Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Lokks very cool . . easy on the eye . . good use of warm colourways that aren't overly aggressive . . looks as though it's an interesting place to want to dig deeper . . and thats great cos it'll draw visitors into the site past the landing page . . and thats what you need to get them to buy!
                  Gloria

www.dichro-findings.co.uk
                  Etsy Shop
                  Artfire Shop
                  dichro-findings blog

Comment

I really like it too...but I would make the mosaic in the top left corner a little brighter....that's my only comment as it's otherwise really easy on the eye
                    for bath bomb, soap & Skincare kits
                    plus Soap Base, Bath Bomb Ingredients, Butters,
                    Oils and packaging for Bath & Body Products

Comment

I really like it - your sister has done very well I personnaly think the colours work very well as mentioned above, the pale colours make your work really stand out and the colours of your work look fantastic.

In terms of a logo, I would just keep it simple with your name and the pale squares above. I guess it depends on your audience, but I think it looks really high class, and I think simple and plain can work really well.

I wouldn't change it!

Stacey

Comment

Hi
                        I like the simplicity of it and the easy on the eye. I agree with the other comments though. Maybe the mosaic tiles in the corner only needs one or possibliy two of them to be in colour so that it isn't swamped with too much colour and detracts from your own images.

Keep it going.

Cheers lisa
                        Craftduo visit www.craft-duo.com

Craftduo Blog http://craft-duo.blogspot.com

Comment

I like it Very professional looking too.

The only thing I might change would be the text on the welcome page, instead of using 'I', use the 3rd person to talk about yourself - I don't know how other people feel about this, but I was given a tip that it looks more professional to speak write yourself like that, i.e. 'Katianne Crafts make mosaic mirrors.....etc' rather than 'I make.....'. I think it gives visitors the feeling they are buying from a 'company' instead of a 'person', which can inspire more trust when shopping online.

Other than that, I think it looks great - you'll have to post another link once it's all done

Claire
                          Website; www.midshiresmakers.co.uk
                          Facebook Pages: www.facebook.com/weedoncraftmarket
                          www.facebook.com/craftshoppingexperience

Comment

Thanks everyone for the feedback so far - it's very helpful to get all the great feedback. My sis has just emailed me a few more background colour options and is working on a logo - she says she'll keep it quite simple though which I think is a good idea.

Good point lady luck about the third person - I'll make sure that's changed.

I've attached the colour options she's emailed me - having difficulty choosing so would appreciate some votes for which one you like - thank you!

Again, I've also put the versions on my blog and if you click on them in my blog they take you to the full size versions.
                            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

i think the purple one in the middle is best. The others are wishywashy colours in my opinion. Purple is bolder and stands out.

Comment

Working...
                              X