Website opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website opinions

Iv been making changes on my website. Its very much work in progress but anyone any opinions. I need to change my header to fit in withthe tree background. Also do you think the tree should be more lower down? I feel there is a bit space between the top and the begining of the text.

www.greentreecrafts.com
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Just had a quick peek. I like the tree but think it would be less intrusive on the rest of the content if it were smaller. I'm not sure if thats the reason, but it looks like it's pushing your text off-centre, towards the right of the screen?
    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
      Iv been making changes on my website. Its very much work in progress but anyone any opinions. I need to change my header to fit in withthe tree background. Also do you think the tree should be more lower down? I feel there is a bit space between the top and the begining of the text.

www.greentreecrafts.com
      The link is broken.

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by onlyme View Post
        Just had a quick peek. I like the tree but think it would be less intrusive on the rest of the content if it were smaller. I'm not sure if thats the reason, but it looks like it's pushing your text off-centre, towards the right of the screen?
        Its just the design that i chose from mr site. The text square is on the right, but i think it would look a bit better if it were a bit more centred...hmm.
        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Lovely site, I particularly like the use of wood in your pictures.

Easy to navigate

Well done

Jane
          www.just-soaps.com
          Twitter JUSTSOAPS
          FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
          Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Nice site - very crisp and clean.
            I love your pics - nicely set up and clear.

I would shrink the tree just a little and see if you could bring that graphic to the front so it is not cut off at the top by the menu text box.

Might clean things up a bit if you have the 'Gemstone Meanings / information / blog / links tabs in a drop down list like your online shop, maybe under a heading of 'more' of similar. Keeping the site map on one line keeps things nice and simple.

Great work though.
            Reality is an illusion, albeit a persistant one.
            - A. Einstein

Hand crafted Driftwood gifts and homewares from North Devon
            www.whitepebblebay.co.uk

Comment

I like it , do agree that the tree could be a bit smaller and like the wood in the photos. Well done, not easy building a site.

Comment

Right iv changed it again. Now i think the tree should be higher up. Whatcha think?

Comment

Haha! Iv gone back to the green. I love the tree but i couldnt get it to go on the green background without it looking naff. I need some pro softwear for that.

Comment

Here on Firefox the black text doesn't show up very well on the dark green back ground - can you change one or the other?
                    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
                    website
                    blog

Comment

Lovely site but think I agree with ElaineJ - the dark green in the middle can make the text a little difficult to read, maybe you could lighten the green a few shades? Very comprehensive site tho, well done!

Lorna x
                      Lorna x

http://twistedspiral.wordpress.com/ - I've finally ventured into the world of blogging!

Comment

Hmm, il have a look. Im not sure if making the text lighter would be better than loosing the deepness of the green....

Comment

I agree with lorna, my first impression was that the dark green is a little too dark and the black text isnt very clear. Maybe change the black text to light green?

Comment

Exactly the same here; the geen colours are nice but I can hardly read the black text on the dark green. I checked it in IE 7 and firefox and it looks the same. Checked it again on my laptop which has a higher definition screen than my desktop monitor and again it was hard to make out the text.

Caroline
                            silver jewellery at The Silver Jewellery Workshop
                            bespoke handmade jewellery
                            Silver Jewellery blog
                            Handmade Jewellery Blog

Comment

Its changed

Comment

Working...
                              X