Complete overhaul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete overhaul!

Im thinking of doing a complete change of my website. Keeping the same colours but just changing the design. What do you think? I just feel like it isnt 'posh' enough. I like the rustic look but i want to be selling more expensive jewellery soon and i dont feel my website at the moment shouts expensive!

www.greentreecrafts.com
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
    Im thinking of doing a complete change of my website. Keeping the same colours but just changing the design. What do you think? I just feel like it isnt 'posh' enough. I like the rustic look but i want to be selling more expensive jewellery soon and i dont feel my website at the moment shouts expensive!

www.greentreecrafts.com
    Does your current site work well?

E.g. do people find it and buy the things you want them to?

If so - don't fix it, it isn't broken.

Perhaps consider setting up another separate site OR possibly a 'mini site' (a dedicated [sub]section in the current one) for your 'exquisite range' (or however you choose to name it)?

One alternative to rejigging the whole thing.

If on the other hand, you're not happy with current performance - then definitely - go for it - do be wary of being overly self critical, though - something which can happen to us all!
    --Matt

Web Development
    Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

I like it, although I do have a few suggestions... I hope you don't mind?

I think it's missing a heading at the top of the page - your business name could be there, it kind of looks a bit missed off - or is it just that it hasn't loaded up on my computer ?

On your online shop page I wonder about having a picture for each of your categories on the body of the page that is linkable to the shop for that question.

Your contact information under the information tab seems to click to international postage rather than the detail it should do.

It's a lovely site, I don't think I'd completely overhaul it, it all works and flows nicely, maybe just a little tweaking It's so hard doing these sites, mine took forever it felt like and daily I still think of something I'd like to change!
      http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
      Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
      My Facebook

Comment

There is supposed to be a header! No idea where it went to. I think its mr site playing up. But there is usually a header there. I know about that link problem lol. I just havnt got around to changing it. I have actually really been neglecting my website lately as i havnt had a laptop. Its not really wee things like that i was htinking about. It was the overall appearance of it. Thanks for looking though! Need all the eyes i can get.
        Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Header still missing in action. All sightings to be reported to Handcrafted (aka Amy) as soon as possible.

~

But, apart from that, I think your site looks amazing as it is. I love the colour scheme, and the rustic feel. Personally... I wouldn't change anything about the appearance.

No complete overhaul needed in my very humble opinion.
          Rach x

Dare to dream ~ never afraid to fail.

~ Jewellery by RMC ~ Blog ~ Twitter me
          ~ Fb business ~ Misi me ~

Comment

Is it still missing!! Thats really odd. Il try fix it. Thanks for looking.

Comment

Oh my god! I was messing about with hte design but i didnt actually go ahead with any changes and now its all messed up!!!! My background is saved on my ex's computer and i dont have a copy

Comment

the header logo is back, that's lovely.
                http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                My Facebook

Comment

Lol it isnt the same one as i had before. Im still working on the site but felt i should leave it up and running incase someone actually wants to buy anyhitng. But its looking very plain just now. I need to make it better!

Comment

I really like it hon, it is quite relaxing to have a look around at. I love the wooden backgrounds on your images.

I think maybe a faded image of one of your designs in the background or a logo might help, but other than that I cant really comment I have just changed mine and having major issues!
                    It's not how I want and the company I am doing it through need more money to change it grrrr!

If yours is Mr.Site I think your site looks very proffessional.
                    Dee x
                    Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                    Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                    Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Working...
                    X