Selling to shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selling to shops

Hello all, I have been asked about supplying a shop which is very nice as I have found selling a struggle. My question is how do you go about it I know how much I can charge them but I know nothing of contracts.
    Where do you get contracts drawn up can anyone reccommend someone?
    I know there are different ways of selling to a shop but which is the most beneficial, giving samples then taking larger portion of the sales?
    Shop paying for samples and they can dictate the price they sell item for?
    It's all double dutch to me help!
    Thanks
    Sally

Hi

What are you selling?

I supply shops - I ask for payment on/or prior to delivery.

They know that I am a small business, like themselves and cannot offer credit.

I don't have a contract.

Where do you buy your supplies from? Do you have to pay up front? Do you have a contract with them? I would doubt it.

I just send a wholesale price list with payment details on, I also state that all items remain the property of *** until payment is made.

Make sure you have 3rd party PLI

hth

Jane
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Thanks

Hi I sell tiaras but usually attend wedding fairs so this side of business is new to me. I have been told that people who sell jewellery to shops do it in a variety of ways. I am cautious so I like to dot the i's and cross the t's. Thanks
      Sally

Comment

Just don't get taken for a ride

Good luck

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi Jane
          I was interested in what you said about having 3rd party PLI - do you also need this if selling online?
          I guess I'm a bit naive with this kind of thing, but hadn't really thought about being insured. Is that something shops will demand of you before they buy?

Sarah

Comment

Hi Sarah

I will pm you
            www.just-soaps.com
            Twitter JUSTSOAPS

Comment

hi ya i sell to a few local shops with one its on a sale or return basis and each time i make a delivery we both sign paper work etc to show whats been delivered and sold etc...
              the other shops just buy when they want and pay within 30 days if not before.

hope it all goes well for you!
              Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

Comment

Working...
              X