Calling all webbyshopaholics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling all webbyshopaholics

Here's the problem I'm having with two websites: they've grown. (One's for a friend, one's mine.)
    I think they looked quite neat and tidy when I made them but stuff has been added and there's more that needs adding. I think the problem is the same with both sites. The stuff on offer is one of a kind but with lots of variations..........
    so the question is..........

do you prefer scrolling through a long page with loads of pics
    or
    do you prefer a small page with thumbnails/categories that take you to medium sized pages with a bit less than loads of pics but you have to keep jumping backwards and forwards when trying to make a choice?

If this is coming across as waffle and you want to see what I'm on about go to www.hertsfabrics.co.uk and click on Braids and on www.littlechile.co.uk and click on Bags of Distinction.

Personally I find both options very annoying, so if you have a third solution I'd love to know, otherwise any thoughts will be valued.

Thanks
    AnnieAnna

Personally I prefer the long page option providing everything on it is in the same kind of category and not completely random. Drives me mad when there's too many sub-sections - for example if I'm looking for a necklace I want to see all the necklaces and choose the one I like best. I don't want to click necklaces, then click colour, then click length before being able to look at anything....and click all the way back to then look at another colour.

But then maybe that's me.
    Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

Originally posted by nattynetty View Post
      Personally I prefer the long page option providing everything on it is in the same kind of category and not completely random. Drives me mad when there's too many sub-sections - for example if I'm looking for a necklace I want to see all the necklaces and choose the one I like best. I don't want to click necklaces, then click colour, then click length before being able to look at anything....and click all the way back to then look at another colour.

But then maybe that's me.

I tend to agree with NattyNetty, whenever I go on M&S for example I always click show all - rather than have to keep clicking next page.

HTH

Jane
      www.just-soaps.com
      Twitter JUSTSOAPS
      FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
      Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Do you think less would be more...............?
        Say, only offer a choice of 6 things and feed the other things in as things get sold?
        But then, I'd be cross if I bought one and then saw exactly what I wanted the week after........
        AnnieAnna

Comment

I think there may be such a thing as too much, but you could have a few then a link to 'similar products' possibly? So if there is that one thing that catches their eye then they will investigate it and see something else from that...if you get what I mean!

By the way, i will keep you in mind-I love those kind of fabrics!!!x
          Dee x
          Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
          Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
          Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

I think a long page full of pictures is nice, after all, we're more likely to look at the pictures than read the writing

Visit my blog!
            http://peggycrafts.blogspot.com/

www.peggycrafts.co.uk

Etsy shop:
            www.peggycrafts.etsy.com

Comment

Working...
            X