consignment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• consignment

I wrote this in the projects thread after I posted the pics of my pillows but though I would ask the question here sence I am not sure that it was sean.

You know the states are big on crafters shops. Where you can buy handmade crafts. I use to put my items in on consignment. I told them what I wanted for my work and then they would put on top what they charged to display it. I was wondering if that would work here but with people that do craft fairs that I can't get to? I would ship my items to the crafter and they would sell it at the fairs thay do.They could also take orders and I could ship from here in Scotland.

It was really big to do this there but not sure about here. I know there is a big trust issue here but do you guys think it would work??? If so would anyone like to try it?
    Shabby Neesey

I have to say I quite like your idea. It's good way to spread the word about your products to the people you can't easily reach. I don't know about fairs, tables should be quite big then, but I think it could work with other people who are regular sellers at markets.

Comment

I like the idea but often table space is an issue. I tend to run out of space on my when i am at a a fair.
      Maybe we could get together a flyer with details of different crafters on it to put on our tables or in the bag with a purchased item??
      http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
      Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
      My Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by samigail View Post
        I like the idea but often table space is an issue. I tend to run out of space on my when i am at a a fair.
        Maybe we could get together a flyer with details of different crafters on it to put on our tables or in the bag with a purchased item??
        Thats a good idea!!!..........wish I had the money to open a craft consignment shop.......it would be such a good way for all of us to get our art out and seen. They have converted supermarkets in the states that they rent space to a crafter to show there crafts and the owner of the building takes care of all the rest.All you do is check your space every week and replace whatever has sold and pick up you check.There has to be something we can do to get our work out there. I know the web is a good thing and we all need our own web site (even though I don't have 1 and never will) but I have found that most people want to hold something in there hand,check it out, take it home that day instead of waiting for something to come in the post. I know when I am surffing the web I will see something and bookmark it,but when I go back to all the hundreds of bookmarks I can't even remember what I bookmarked it for. So I want buy.You get someone in a shop or fair they will 9 times out of 10 buy something. Even if later they wonder why they bought it lolol.
        Shabby Neesey

Comment

Working...
        X