Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alternative to Paypal

Alternative to PayPal Hello

I am in the process of changing webhosts and I know some of you hate Paypal, but what are the alternatives without having to pay a huge monthly fee.
    I have looked at worldpay and the like but you are paying £20 a month and with sales as they are at the moment I can't justify it. What do you all use?

Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Hi I'm in the process of adding google cart to mine, it works like paypal but better.
    Ann

Comment

no1 for small items is paypal..
      Joint 2nd are worldpay and googlecheckout..

3rd option is a merchant account but this costs a lot and more than paypal..

Some people hate paypal but not many.. On the directory over the last 6 years i've lost 2 sales due to using paypal so paypal works for me.

If you need any help with any of the others i've worked with them all and also have another business with a merchant account too..

Promote your craft site today : Add Your CRAFTS
      (£5.50 a month or £50 per year)

Fun new blog: Snowboard Stuff

Comment

hi i use 3 types on my website

Paypal/ google checkout/nochex

All work in similar ways and dont cost much!
        Personalised gifts for all occasions 10% off for all members use code - craftforum - www.sewandsoaps.co.uk

http://www.facebook.com/sewandsoaps1

Comment

Personally, I don't know why I keep hearing of people who don't like paypal (I can only assume its because they are a big organisation and people don't like big organisations!?)

When buying from a website, I like to see & use paypal as I know its going to be secure for me, as a purchaser; where as if I see someones cart, how do I know thats going to be safe?

As a seller, paypal takes a biggish percentage, but if I've made a sale, I'm happy and can factor that cost in - at least I haven't had to make any payments up front.

ebay has a huge amount of sales each day, many using paypal, so I think most people are happy with it so I wouldn't beat yourself up over using paypal!
          site: www.dotsandspots.biz
          blog: http://dotsandspotsdesign.blogspot.com/
          MISI page: www.dotsandspots.misi.me.uk

Comment

I have always used paypal, for sales and purchases. I have never had any problems at all with it

Freja xx
            http://www.etsy.com/shop/dinkyprettythings

-Freja-

Comment

Originally posted by sewandsoaps View Post
              hi i use 3 types on my website

Paypal/ google checkout/nochex

All work in similar ways and dont cost much!
              I used to use Nochex and personally I don't have much good to say about them. Have never used Google checkout as my shop software isn't compatable but have heard good things about them.

Paypal is very well recognised especially amongst people who don't shop on the internet regularly. I have this as an option alongside my merchant account and some people do prefer it especially if they've just sold some bits on ebay and have some 'free' money in their account
              Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I've always used paypal too, and never had a problem. I know some do, just that I haven't.
                Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff & Becky View Post
                  Personally, I don't know why I keep hearing of people who don't like paypal (I can only assume its because they are a big organisation and people don't like big organisations!?)
                  Pay Pal is fine until you have a problem - they close your account then ask questions. Twice we have been a victim of fraud via our pay pal account - fortunately it was a credit card on our account and the credit card company were very helpful - pay pal didn't want to know.

Once we sold a camera for £250 - using pay pal - on ebay - the buyer left feedback, we had a copy of their signed chit from DHL - the seller then decided that they hadn't received it - and informed pay pal, despite all our proof pay pal were no hope at all, we ended up going to the police who told us this was happening all the time.

Once we issued legal proceedings to the seller, they suddenly decided that they had received it after all. This took 6 months and in this time we couldn't use our paypal account.

Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

we use protx, and they arent too pricey, ull have to look em upurself as it wont let me post urls yet
                    Last edited by Warlax; 11-02-2009, 04:10 PM.
                    Mod edit - please stick to urls only.

Comment

Working...
                    X