Monthly Produce Market?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monthly Produce Market?

I've never had a stall at a monthly market - I've had stands at agri and steam shows.

The Ruthin Produce Market runs from April to September (end of the month) and a December one. It's held in the courtyard of the old gaol, which is a Heritage Centre, so is relatively sheltered.

Stalls are provided and the fees are £15 per month, which seem reasonable.

No bought-in stuff is allowed - except for stands of Ruthin shopkeepers (didn't see any when I had a couple of looks around).

I don't know how different it will be from having a stand at a show - any advice welcome.

Ruthin is a tourist attraction so perhaps I ought to have some small gift bags/boxes with A present from North Wales tags?
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

It sounds like a good idea to me, especially if you get tourists as well.

Tourists often want to take home presents and souvenirs. I would definitely market everything as 'Handmade in Wales'. Could you put a welsh dragon somewhere on your packaging?
    The ladies with felt items and soaps usually do quite well at the markets I've been to.

Melanie

Comment

Thanks Melanie, I can stick a dragon somewhere on most things (or stamp on paper bags - that's a thought).

I have local honey for some of the soaps and toiletries also.
      website
      blog

Comment

Hi Elaine

Go for it - at local produce markets - people don't want their food messed with - so will buy handmade soaps and be prepared to pay for it.
        It you can use local produce in your products - goat's milk, oats etc that will go down well.

I know of quite a few soapers who make a living at these events.

Let us know how you get on.

HTH

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Hi Elaine

I ive had a look at the Ruthin Market and going to look into as I live in Mold, just up the road. So be ideal for me, as well as reasonabe

Do you know if you have to provide your own stall/table or are they provided. As couldnt find anything mentioned ion the web site

thanks

Sara x
          www.cardsforewe.co.uk

Comment

That sounds like a great idea, I think you should do really well. It's good that its all handmade/crafted aswell as you won't be competing against bought in (dare I say it) rubbish!

Let us all know how it goes and good luck!

oh and btw, definitely think you should promote the made in Wales bit!
            Diane
            Reach for the moon-if you miss-you'll still be amongst stars

Comment

That's good to know Jane (although I'm not aiming to make a living - just to support my pension).
              website
              blog

Comment

Originally posted by ElaineJ View Post
                That's good to know Jane (although I'm not aiming to make a living - just to support my pension).
                is their a difference?
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Working...
                X