Increase Website Conversions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Increase Website Conversions

Hey, when selling online, does anyone have any ideas on how to increase vistors into customers?

Currently for example for every 100 targetted hits i get, i get 1 customer which is a 1% conversion rate.

Whats the best way to increase this?

Link is in my sig.
    Im looking at redesigning the website, but any other ideas please suggest them as im sure this will be usefull for other users apart from myself.

Thanks

Wish I could help but I have the same problem, I will be watching to see your replies with interest. Good luck
    Janice Phoenixjewellery from

http://www.phoenixfabrics.co.uk
    http://phoenixjewellery.blogspot.com/
    http://phoenixbridal.blogspot.com/
    http://bernie-bear.blogspot.com

Comment

hello! iv just been looking at your website and i think its fab as it is! no idea why you only have 1 customer out of every 100 visitors as your products are all lovely!
      (im about to become a customer myself as im loving the crochet patterns!)
      Lady Lora

Comment

Many thanks ladylora.

Any information i get to help others out with their website, i will post here if i find it externally.

Comment

Just had a quick look at your website, which indeed is easy to navigate, etc, but one thing I would suggest, is have an option to order without creating an account. Not everyone will want to go through the process of creating an account and have one more password to remember for a first order. Just a thought...
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Its an idea i guess, but not sure why

TO register the only info needed is:

Email:
            Password:
            Address:

You would need to enter 2 out of the 3 for any order with or without an account anyway on any shopping cart, so isn't it just easier to force the password entry and automatic creation of an account?

Password is emailed to them as a copy so no need to remember and an easy forgot login form if they lose the email with the password or forget what they entered.

Comments on this though would be advantagous

Comment

Sorry an account puts me off. So does not having full contact details. Which is requierd by distance selling regulations. I am afraid I wouldn't touch your site at all.
              Last edited by goldy1; 28-12-2008, 10:43 PM.
              "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
              my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Full contact details are available on our contact Us Page

This includes:

Contact Telephone Number
                Mailing Address
                Email Address.

Anything i missed out? Fax Maybe although i didnt think that was compulsory

Comment

Thats weird didn't show up the first time I looked. sorry.

Still wouldn't want to set up an account.
                  "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
                  my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Ok np I will take your advice anyhows and setup a non registering checkout system. Hopefully in 4 weeks i can post statistics regarding any increase in conversion ratio with people simply using the non account creation checkout process.

Cheers for the comments.

I think i might redesign the header layout make it more simple and possibly include order telephone number and email address on all pages within the header.

Should make things a little more friendly / interactive for those who prefer to talk with someone

Comment

Originally posted by goldy1 View Post
                      Still wouldn't want to set up an account.
                      I agree with Goldy - registering for an account usually means register to receive unwanted newsletters, e-mails, post etc.

Made that mistake last year ordering chrismas pressents off the internet and I still receive regular emails and catalogues through the post regarding fishing accessories so if I have to register for an account before I purchase, I don't purchase.
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

True, but we ask our customers if they wish to recieve them or not, and do not share with 3rd parties etc.

Basically, if you dont want emails you wont get any

Although i can see your logic!

Comment

Anyway - Who are you? You've not done an intro post. I like to know who I'm talking to!

Dont mean to be blunt - but I sometimes am . . . . sorry!
                          Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

No worries, thats kind of an obvious thing to do and sometimes you forget the obvious lol.

Blunt ideas are often the best ones

Will get an intro put online tomorrow. Maybe a front page short paragraph with a link to a detailed about us page

Comment

I know it's a bit late, but I have to agree on the account creation thing. I dislike intensely having to set up an account to make a purchase - in the same way that I dislike having to fill in any more than the information required to complete the purchase. It's enough to put me off buying from a site, and has actually done so on occasion.

Can I just mention that your website, which is otherwise very friendly and easy to navigate, doesn't seem to have a 'home' button anywhere (other than in the category list at the top of sections once you're in them). It's nice to be able to get back to the beginning sometimes!
                              george
                              www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                              www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                              www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Working...
                              X