Are you all having a sale?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you all having a sale?

I was just wondering if it was expected of me to have a January sale on my site?
    I wasn't planning it, but I have had lots of hits the last couple of days and I just wonder if that's what people are looking for.....
    Are you having sales?
    Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

I had thought about it but am still undecided, may try to get my sister to have a coffee morning instead with 50% off. I really want to concentrate on Valentines, Mothers Day and Easter on my site now as the weeks seem to fly.

Comment

Harriet

I sell Stampin' Up! craft supplies so I'm led by them but you may want to try their angle.

They're having a "Sale-a-bration" (details on my blog in the sig below) and customers get increasing freebies dependent on spend. The freebies are exclusive to the sale period (1 Jan - 28 Feb). I think this is a pretty good take on sales as it doesn't devalue the current range in any way and the freebies have something of a collectible feel to them.

May be worth thinking about as a model?

Sara
      Sara

For papercrafting and stamping ideas and tips please visit my blog

Comment

I've started a sale on my website today which is going to last all week. It's a new year sale! I ummed and ahhhed about doing it last month and decided to go for it in the end. I don't have sales very often. Infact this is only the second one in three years of trading!!
        It's going pretty well so far!
        Anice xx
        Funkyhand x
        my website
        http://www.funkyhand.com
        my blog (updated 09/06/10)
        http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
        Follow me on Twitter
        http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

Originally posted by hdflred View Post
          I was just wondering if it was expected of me to have a January sale on my site?
          I wasn't planning it, but I have had lots of hits the last couple of days and I just wonder if that's what people are looking for.....
          Are you having sales?
          I admit we aren't selling crafts But, we won't be running any 'specials' in Jan. We may well do something once the initial "post christmas mayhem" is over, though!

Speaking for Jersey Craft Shop (Mark's site), they won't be doing anything in Jan either, but are making some hefty revisions to the product range - and may well put on some sort of sale on clearance items once this is done!
          --Matt

Web Development
          Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

Since Christmas Eve I've put most of my Christmas stuff in a 20% off sale online and in the shop - I know a lot of crafters like to start early or grab a bargain so it's been quite sucessful so far.
            Visit Natty Netty for a huge selection of Iris Folding supplies

Comment

I've just updated my site with new stock and have been considering it, but as yet have not decided. I've also noticed more hits the last 2 days.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...
              Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
              http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
              http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Our store is having a sale. We thought it might be a good idea having also experienced higher hits in the last 2 / 3 days.

17.5% off All orders.

Click link in my signiture to go to our site.

It ends at the end of december, but may keep going for a january sale if it works out ok.

How often do other shops tend to do sales? as with the recession etc now i wont be surprised if competition is extremely high with many of the big brands reducing prices to stay afloat

Comment

Originally posted by Babushka View Post
                  I've just updated my site with new stock and have been considering it, but as yet have not decided. I've also noticed more hits the last 2 days.

Hmmm, decisions, decisions...
                  I'm currently wondering if the best thing to do might be to just..hang..on!

Everyone, everywhere is going to go sale crazy now - theres the usual post-christmas-rush to even out the spending peak caused by Christmas, then the standard burst of "January sales" - which are probably going to be even crazier than usual in the current climate.

Upto 70% off in some highstreet stores today, I noticed!

But what will happen in Feb - surely the sales can't continue for ever - so that might be a higher impact time to start running one!
                  --Matt

Web Development
                  Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

Comment

We were not going to have a sale but when we opened today and saw the footfall was well down we put up the "spend £10 and get 20% off" signs. The first customer of the day came for a £4 pendulum and after seeing the sign left having spent £24, the rest of the day went much the same way. Not a great days takings but better than we thought it would be. I did nearly cry when net sold the nice lump of polished malachite that Ive become very attached to

Comment

Originally posted by urbtaf View Post
                      I did nearly cry when net sold the nice lump of polished malachite that Ive become very attached to
                      Now you're beginning to understand how I feel when I sell some of my jewellery creations.
                      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I started a small sale of my christmassy stuff on Boxing Day. I never really have sales although I do always have a Sale and One Off page on my website for things that I make just one of or ex-display items etc. I like to give my customers the chance to get a bargain. The sale seems to have gone really well so far and I have sold out of quite a lot of the christmassy stuff already which is just what I wanted. If I continue to sell all the christmassy stuff I can hopefully manage to fit all the new stock I have for Spring into my workshop!!!!.
                        by Nicki
                        www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. Well I have taken the plunge and added a few items as sale items today so I will see how it goes..................
                          Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

I got bored Christmas Night and went through my website doing some housework and reducing all the prices, I haven't done it by a set percentage, just generally reduced it all. By the time I had finished tidying it all up, it was Boxing Day, so I hit publish and started my sale about 00.15 Boxing Day monring.
                            www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Yep - my sale started on Saturday and will run through until 10th January. 40% off everything in the Sale category and it's going well so far

Everything in the sale is stuff that I'm not going to be stocking anymore so it's mainly finished felt products pencil cases, purses, bag, corsages etc with a few craft kits, ribbons and buttons thrown in for good measure !
                              Last edited by Blooming Felt; 28-12-2008, 10:29 PM.
                              Sarah
                              For 100% wool felt supplies, felt balls, buttons, ribbon, needle felting supplies and lots of other lovely stuff, visit BLOOMING FELT

Blooming Felt's Blog

Comment

Working...
                              X