Website Closing Dates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website Closing Dates?

When are you closing your website sales for the holiday period and when are you opening again?

Another point is where to put the notice - very few people come in through the "front door" - search engines can direct them to any page.

If I put the notice on the checkout page will people actually read it?

The same goes for "Terms and Conditions".
    ElaineJ soap and other stuff
    website
    blog

you could add in a pop-up script with a notice on that, or put it at the header of all your pages.

Comment

Thing is I have a lot of pages and many people have pop-ups blocked.

If I put it on the checkout page is it my problem if people don't read it??
      website
      blog

Comment

No, if they dont read it, it is thier problem not yours., You have stated the information so no need to worry , they can read it or not. They just cant complain when their order doesnt arrive

Comment

I will be adding my details to my home page. I won't be closing for orders but will have a last post date and a 'back to normal' date. Orders placed during that time will be dispatched in order received etc.

Tems & conditions should hev their own page. If people choose not to read them............thats their choice!

Emma
          Luxury craft supplies & magnolia Stamps - Sassy Crafts
          Sassy Crafts Blog
          My Blog

Comment

I'm not really closing mine but I have had a notice on the home page for a couple of weeks now saying that 'to ensure your order is delivered by christmas order before 14th December'. Seems to have worked well because I have been sooooooo busy up until now. I will, of course, take orders after that date but I am covered just in case I don't manage to get them delivered in time for the big day!..
            by Nicki
            www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

I'm pretty much the same I took last orders yesterday and I have put on my home page closed and wont be processing orders until January and all orders done on a first come first served basis!!

HTH.

Lisa

Bowed Over
              Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
              www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Thanks people - I'll go and write on a few significant pages.
                website
                blog

Comment

Yep, I think mine is similar to Lisa's - I've got it on my home page. I'm unable to switch the shopping cart off so I've said that orders can still be placed but they won't necessarily be processed....

Comment

I am closing mine on Thursday so i can re stock and change things around a little and then i re open it on the day after Boxing day
                    allabouteden blog

fromthehandsofkittyeden

my folksy shop

Comment

I tend to just follow whenever the post office is open really - if I have orders and the post office is open I tend to get them out even if I have said I will take time off at Christmas.

Need to put a notice on the store as to when the last posting date is to get stuff before Christmas though - thanks for the reminder!

Emma
                      Emma
                      www.ejrbeads.co.uk - unique art beads & more
                      www.ejrbeads.co.uk/shop - beads, polymer clay, glitters and inks oh my
                      www.facebook.com/EJRBeads - Like me at Facebook!

Comment

I have put the notice on the home page. Last year it was at checkout but not everyone seem to read it. So now it's on the home page, hopefully they'll see it at some point while they browse.

I've also sent my newsletter today and mentioned we were closing for a couple of weeks (a bit longer this year because of the move).
                        Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Working...
                        X