Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Website emails?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Website emails?

    As i now have a domain name for my jewellery sales im wondering if i would also be better off having a website email ( ex, [email protected] ) or whether my personal free email account will be enough for website sales and such?

    Thanks

    Jake

  • #2
    It will look more professional if it's @mywebsite.co.uk

    Most websites come with free web email.
    Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

    Comment


    • #3
      Just had a little play with my website cpanel and yes you are correct. i can get free webmail, which i have now setup

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by snowgoose View Post
        Just had a little play with my website cpanel and yes you are correct. i can get free webmail, which i have now setup
        Yay. Definitely looks more professional.

        If nothing else, set up a domain forwarder (or 'catch all'), so that [email protected] goes to your personal box - that way you don't have to have fiddly config, but you can start work on breaking down what we are beginning to call the "trust barrier" which exists between potential customers (online) and websites without recognizable brand names.
        --Matt

        Web Development
        Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by matt.chatterley View Post
          Yay. Definitely looks more professional.

          If nothing else, set up a domain forwarder (or 'catch all'), so that [email protected] goes to your personal box - that way you don't have to have fiddly config, but you can start work on breaking down what we are beginning to call the "trust barrier" which exists between potential customers (online) and websites without recognizable brand names.
          I'm wary of having a catchall sometimes - the chances for an increase in spam are higher, since anyone could email [email protected] and it will get through somewhere.

          Depends how good your spam filter is, I guess
          It's never too late to gyrate!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by MrSwirl View Post
            I'm wary of having a catchall sometimes - the chances for an increase in spam are higher, since anyone could email [email protected] and it will get through somewhere.

            Depends how good your spam filter is, I guess
            Very true! I have a high quality delete button, though..

            I actually get most of my email sent to gmail, because I find it more convenient than any other solution I have to hand - and their spam filter isn't bad at all!
            --Matt

            Web Development
            Beads, Charms & Findings - Jersey Craft Shop

            Comment

            Working...
            X