My practice stall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My practice stall

Well today myself and my helper put up the practice stall. One thing i am annoyed is that the green of my banner really doesnt go with the green of my lovely cloth! But this is presuming that il need to put the banner on the front of the table. But i cant do anything about that now.

I think iv over crowded one side of it....

Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

aw thats brill!!!! How did you do that???? String in the end eyelets and did you just tie it around the table and then cover the table with your cloth??? And then add a nice touch of tinsel??
    Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

Yeah, the banner has 3 eyelets on the top and i got string and tied it around the table at each end and one in the middle. Then cover it with cloth and add the tinsel. Il get some fairy lights too

What i havnt shown is that iv got 2 signs sayin SS and SP. And il have piles of my business cards.

That is most of my stock!!! Iv got more earrings to put out if people buy them but thats about it. Im going to make more today and tomorrow.
      Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Anyone got any tips on the stall? How to improve it?

Comment

Are you going to be near electricity for the lights? Perhaps have a mirror on your stall. But other than that, i think its brill! I think you have quite a lot of stuff. I dont think that i have much more than you. Mine fills my table but i dont have any extras. Fingers crossed, we;ll have nothing left by the end of the day ! ha ha
          Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

I think you've done a super job and your table looks great. You will need some spare stock though to fill the spaces when you sell things so . . . . get to it girl! And as Snow has already said, take a mirror with you - you can get one in poundland or maybe just borrow the one out of your bathroom.

One thing I'd change is the tinsel - I think gold or even some that is gold and green mixed would be a better choice.
            Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I love the step effect in each corner, just adds that bit more interest than a flat table which is what I have been doing......... think I will be nicking that idea

Well done looks great!

Harriet
              Harriet

www.seasparkle.co.uk

www.thechildrensjewellerycompany.co.uk

Comment

Yeah i have a mirror but wasnt sure where to put it on the table. Its not small! I was thinking ot have it behind and if anyone wants it i can bring it out for them...?

Yeah gold tinsel would look better! Not sure if il have time to get any tomorrow but il give it a go. I have to work tomorrow

Oh and Snow, everyone will have access to electric. Take some extension leads incase and some tape to tape down the wires.
                Last edited by handcrafted; 11-12-2008, 09:00 PM.

Comment

It looks lovely, the cloth on your table is gorgeous & like the step idea too. I'd stop for a look
                  "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
                  Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
                  Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

It looks great. The varying heights are great - make sure it's all well tacked down though!

My only suggestion would be to try and group things by colour if you can - it always seems to help for me - especially in terms of people picking up matching stuff and buying more than one piece.

If you haven't already got an earring tester, you might want to make one out of heavy acetate (I notice you've got quite a lot of earrings, and it does help people get a better feel for how they might look).

If you're selling anything that's sterling, you need to put out a hallmarks sign (it's a trading standards requirement).

Good luck!
                    george
                    www.mizgeorge.co.uk
                    www.etsy.com/shop/mizgeorge
                    www.flickr.com/mizgeorge

Comment

Eek, what do you mean put out a hallmark sign? Any example? Do you mean just print one out and put it up?

Comment

dont worry handcrafted. You dont actually have to have one. Think how many stalls youve seen before that dont have one.

Some people (visitors) like it as a reassurance but the organisers wontmake you have one. I've only ever seen about 3 people have them at hundreds of fairs. Dont worry, you can cope without it.

Comment

Fantastic display of work... I hope it brings you plenty of success and sales!

Si.
                          Wood Tattoos
                          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
                          Facebook
                          Flickr
                          Twitter

Comment

I very rarely see the hallmark poster either but here are the details.
                            http://www.theassayoffice.co.uk/dealers_notices.html

Melanie
                            Last edited by silvermaid; 11-12-2008, 10:20 PM.

Comment

It's certainly eye catching, I'd stop and look and thats what you want. Go for it and good luck.
                              Carol
                              God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X