No announcement yet.

Has anyone sold work at offices before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone sold work at offices before?

I have a stall at Virgin's Head Office on Monday.

I am the only stall holder - they have people in regularly but only one at a time. My stall was free - they have asked that I donate a prize to their raffle and give customers a discount (I was thinking 10%).

I am to selling 11am - 2.30pm and will be in the staff canteen. I thought it was worth a go, even if it's just for free advertising (although a sale or too would be nice )

Has anyone else done anything like this before and what was you experience of it?
    Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

I did a similar thing, you feel a bit odd being 'the only one', (well I did) but I made money, got lots of orders too and had a great time. I was also in the canteen so people felt free to pull up a chair and have a chat too.
    Hope it works out well for you!
    Terry xxx
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it all?" - Steven Wright
    Website Twitter Facebook Blog Folksy

Comment

I did one too - it was okay but it was in the middle of summer and the canteen was empty but at this time of year I think you will make a bomb.

Good luck.

Lisa

Bowed Over
      Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
      www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Well, I didn't make my millions! I sold one photo frame fo £10, but the table was free so I realy can't complain. Plus I'm hoping that it was a way of getting my wok seen and that if I go again people may spend having had a chance to see my mosaics.
        Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Oh that's a shame, but at least it was profit & like you say if you go again then people will know what to expect.
          x
          "Human beings, who are almost remarkable in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so" - Douglas Adams

Blog: http://janscardscraftsandmusings.blogspot.com/
          Twitter: http://twitter.com/JanJackman
          Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?...6759167?ref=nf

Independent Stampin' Up! Demonstrator

Comment

Actually I don't usually sell anything at events (!) so in comparison it went quite well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Katian Mosaics

♥ My Ebay Listings ♥

My Facebook Page

Comment

Yes - I have done a stall at Help The Aged head office in Kings Cross on two seperate occasions. I was the only stall holder there. They gave me a good sized meeting room with huge table to display my wares and they had advertised it well for me using posters that I emailed in a couple of weeks before and they also sent out a reminder email to all employees. On both occasions I did quite well - especially considering it only over lunchtime. I made a donation to the charity from my takings.

Good luck
              Clare
              Dorett Events
              [email protected]

Comment

have just been to a local primary care trust and sold to a group of nurses in there lunch hour . was there about 20 minuites , all i did was put some jewellery on a table amongst all their clutter and sold £140 worth. Quickest money ive ever made. Will definetly try this in alot more offices next christmas, will think hard where to go , so can plan well. So much more rewarding than sat at a craft fair all day and hardly taking the table cost ,which has happened a fair few times this year.
                visit my website www.kayaflower-jewellery.com

Comment

Hiya

I had a table bout a month ago at Npower head office in the canteen, was there from 11am to 2.30 sold £130 stock but have had 4 more orders since. so not back for a 10% donation to their charity of the month.
                  As mentioned already better than spending all day in a cold fair without taking table money.

It did help that my sister works for them. lol
                  Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

what a wonderful idea!!
                    Lady Lora

Comment

Working...
                    X