Care of jewellery and stone meaning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care of jewellery and stone meaning

Im sure there was someone on here that had a care of jewellery blurb for websites that people can use.....?

Also im looking for a list of precious stone meanings. They are all over the web but can i just take them? Or can i take a bit from one and a bit from the other and mash them to make my own?
    Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
    Im sure there was someone on here that had a care of jewellery blurb for websites that people can use.....?

Also im looking for a list of precious stone meanings. They are all over the web but can i just take them? Or can i take a bit from one and a bit from the other and mash them to make my own?
    I'm sure the meanings are universal, so it wouldn't hurt to *borrow* them as long as you don't quote word for word (just to be on the safe side ) Just change a word or two or move them around a bit, that should suffice.
    Gail x

My Blog: http://gailburtonart.blogspot.com/

Comment

If you use gemstones a lot then I'd recommend you invest in a copy of The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. Its a great book with excellent pics and lots of info about their healing properties.

Be warned though - I bought my copy cos I was using gemstone beads to make jewellery and now my OH sells the stones in any form he can find. Its a fascinating subject and you will get drawn in.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBS...?id=1841811750
      Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

I dont mind if you copy mine www.kiamyka.co.uk
        Chris xx
        My Website
        My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by auntynet View Post
          If you use gemstones a lot then I'd recommend you invest in a copy of The Crystal Bible by Judy Hall. Its a great book with excellent pics and lots of info about their healing properties.

Be warned though - I bought my copy cos I was using gemstone beads to make jewellery and now my OH sells the stones in any form he can find. Its a fascinating subject and you will get drawn in.

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBS...?id=1841811750
          I just bought one Auntynet! You should be on a commission!!
          Snowf1975

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1039948...polished-beads

Comment

It's the only Bible I read or have in my house.
            "You've Got to Keep Your Mind Wide Open" - AnnaSophia Robb
            my Folksy shop Goldy'sclearoutblog debaynewebdesign

Comment

Thanks Kiamyka, il feel bad just copying it but il have a wee look see!

A friend of mine had that book. Its huge and it really is full of a lot of info!!
              Handmade Embroideries and Tapestries - Greentree Crafts on Facebook Etsy Shop Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by handcrafted View Post
                Its huge and it really is full of a lot of info!!
                Not the copy that's being sold now I just measured it and its only 6" x 5" and 1" thick. It is one of the better referrence books about stones.

Another good one by the same author - Judy Hall - is Crystal Prescriptions. The difference between this one and the Crystal Bible is that with the Bible, you look up the stone and it tells you what its used for but with the Prescriptions you look up the ailment and it tells you what stones you can use.

I also have one called The Book of Stones by Naisha Ahsian and Robert Simmons. Its a lot bigger book and more expensive but the pics are fab and the info goes into where the theories about healing come from.
                Auntynet

Step-daughter's website selling hand dyed sock yarns www.knotanotherknitter.com

~ * ~ * ~ Of all the things I've ever lost, I miss my mind the most! ~ * ~ * ~

Comment

Oh maybe it was a different book. The one i saw was really thick.

Comment

Working...
                  X