Ebay Shop Shutdown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Shop Shutdown

My ebay shop is due to shut down in one week when the new prices come in. I'm so sad about this because it has been a source of some very interesting business for me. Many of my commissions have come through my ebay shop. I have thought hard about it but I can not justify keeping it open after the huge price hikes. All I want to do is run a small business but ebay does not make this easy, with all their rules and changes. Therefore after 18 months it will shut next week. I'm still going to list in the auction as as much as it hurts to say it I still need ebay business, but the shop will be no more.

I know this has been talked about a bit on here already, but just needed to write it down as I feel a but sad about it.
    Amanda
    xx

Have you tried www.folksy.com or www.youcraftylot.com

I have tried both, admittedly with no results and have now concentrated on my own website. It may help you though.

I closed my ebay shop last year and know of several others both in the UK and USA who have done the same.

Comment

Thanks for this.

I have a folksy shop, but its very early days. I opened it a few weeks ago. I need to add a few more paintings to it but its promising because I have seen it appear in google listings. That was the good things about ebay that my shop appeared on serach engines fairly often.

My website does generate business but I don't often get commissions that way. People seemed must more willing to ask questions through ebay, that is something I may have to address, just not sure how, although if I have a little more time I am planning a new site which may help with this.

I shall have to have another look at 'yourcraftylot'
      Amanda
      xx

Comment

Just logged into Folksy and one of my paintings is on the home page, which is good, thats made me feel a bit more positive.
        Amanda
        xx

Comment

Well done for being on the home page, just another thought, do you blog? I blog every Monday and this is useful as it gets you to a wider audience.

Comment

Yes, I do blog, but I'm not as good as you, I just do it from time to time.
            Amanda
            xx

Comment

I get to do it most Mondays as I am on the forum of http://www.makeminepink.com and this is something they do every Monday. It certainly encourages me to blog, I must admit I have missed a few weeks but not many their comments are also really helpful.

Comment

sorry to hear about your ebay shop. the price rises are rediclous. You could always get a shop in belguim to save money. there prices are rising to 2 euros a month for a basic shop. if you list everything via ebay.co.uk no one will know. Only thing that will change is that when you go to manage the shop it'll all be in french, but its quite easy to work out.

Atm the price increase wont really effect me. After christmas though, i'm not sure what i'll do. I really dont want to close my shop, but i dont think i'd be able to break even, i didnt for months at the start of this year and i had to greatly reduce the amount of things im selling. Suppose its just another reason to sort my online shop out. Been sending out flyers with orders saying that its launching on the 1st november, so i better get a move on lol.
                http://www.folksy.com/shops/SoapsByLaura
                http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Soaps-By-Laura

Comment

have you tried ebid?
                  it is cheaper, friendlier and much more helpful
                  Fiona
                  http://www.samigailsgifts.co.uk/
                  Handmade personalised gifts for all occasions created by the art of pyrography
                  My Facebook

Comment

No I haven't tried ebid yet. I've had a look a few times, but I'm not sure how much sells through there.
                    Amanda
                    xx

Comment

If you still have a list of all your ebay customers, then maybe send them all a news letter explaining that you are leaving ebay, and give them your website address etc, and even details of where you are selling elsewhere, it may induced them to move with you.
                      www.jos-beaded-designs.com

Comment

Hi Amanda

I'm sorry about your shop closing, I sell a few things on Ebay & was going to open a shop until I found about the new fees etc. Are you going to keep on listing on auctions? as I think with so many Ebay shops closing there will be less and less choice for buyers, and hopefully Ebay will rethink their new fees and lower them again (ever the optimist!).
                        www.mycalicoheart.co.uk
                        www.mycalicoheart.blogspot.com
                        www.mycalicoheart.misi.co.uk
                        www.mycalicoheart.folksy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Steffi View Post
                          Hi Amanda

I'm sorry about your shop closing, I sell a few things on Ebay & was going to open a shop until I found about the new fees etc. Are you going to keep on listing on auctions? as I think with so many Ebay shops closing there will be less and less choice for buyers, and hopefully Ebay will rethink their new fees and lower them again (ever the optimist!).
                          I am listing still - yes. I can't afford to ditch ebay completely and I really enjoy the commission work I get through there. For the price of the shop I can list a fair amount each month and I do sell my work through the listings. I would like to think that ebay care about the little people leaving, but I'm pretty sure they don't.
                          Amanda
                          xx

Comment

I have just closed my shop on greedbay too and have moved my inventory to ebid!!
                            I got my sale yesterday (well my 1st bid) so sale is coming.
                            I feel that lots are leaving the greddy ones and are searching for new outlets!!

Fingers crossed all will work out in the end!!
                            Rach

Facebook
                            Website
                            Blog
                            Folksy

Comment

Ebid?

I have just listed my first items for ages on ebay, i gave up a while a go as only sold one of my bags on it. But today i decided with christmas round the corner i would try again. What is ebid like? Does anyone do well out of it?
                              Dee x
                              Visit ZukieStyle for Handmade Fashion & Pet Accessories
                              Follow ZukieStyle for all the latest designs Facebook & Twitter
                              Read ZukieStyle's Blog Or Visit Us On Etsy!

Comment

Working...
                              X