Creating a brochure/catalogue...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating a brochure/catalogue...

I'm currently in the process of making a brochure/catalogue of my beaded charms in the hope it will increase my 'face-to-face' sales and to give out to family/friends who are willing to 'flash' it around a bit!
    Since starting up my online shop about a month ago I've had a few sales but would obviously like to maximise the number of people who actually see the charms in the hope of more sales .

The brochure/catalogue is still in its early stages and I'd appreciate any feedback or suggestions you might have. There's a screen print of one of the pages below. (I'm unsure as to whether this will be a whole A4 page or A5 size as part of an A4 booklet.

Any feedback greatly appreciated!

Thanks everyone
    Laura Lou xxx

My Beaded Charms Shop - new 3d beaded charms added regularly!

I think that is great and ideal for passing around to friends and acquaintances. If you were thinking of printing off, say, more than 150 it might be more ecconomical to get a price from a printer as you already have your own artwork. It doesn't cost anything to get a quote.
    Carol
    God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

It looks great and is a good idea.

VistaPrint is good for printing. Not too expensive.
      Magriet

www.babushkajewellery.co.uk
      http://babushkajewellery.blogspot.com/
      http://en.dawanda.com/user/BabushkaJewellery

Comment

Thanks.
        I'm not sure how many I'll need yet - I'll have to try a few out and see what the demand is like before getting a load of them printed. But thanks for the tip.

A question - Do you think the page would be clear/big enough as an A5 page on an A4 sheet or should the page itself be A4?
        Laura Lou xxx

Comment

Do you mean 2 x A5 side by side on A4 sheet - if so you could print the alternate pages on the reverse, cut it in half and have 2 leaflets. Or do you mean a booklet with 4 pages. (1 A4 folded in half making 4 x A5 pages) In any case, I think A5 size is easier to hold and read than A4 for the everyday person, what do you think?
          Good luck with it..
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Looks good - but if your going for colour prints anyway, why not add a subtle background? - very easy way to make it look professional.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Critchley View Post
              Do you mean 2 x A5 side by side on A4 sheet - if so you could print the alternate pages on the reverse, cut it in half and have 2 leaflets. Or do you mean a booklet with 4 pages. (1 A4 folded in half making 4 x A5 pages) In any case, I think A5 size is easier to hold and read than A4 for the everyday person, what do you think?
              Good luck with it..
              Thanks.
              It depends on how many pages I end up with. So yes, if you think A5 size is better than A4, then it'll either be an A4 booklet with 4 A5 pages (2 on each side of the sheet) or one A5 sheet printed on both sides.

Originally posted by belle crafts View Post
              Looks good - but if your going for colour prints anyway, why not add a subtle background? - very easy way to make it look professional.

Good luck
              Do you mean inside the boxes or round the edge? I'm not sure how I will be able to colour inside the boxes as the pictures themselves have white backgrounds... (if that makes sense!) Thanks for the tip though.
              Laura Lou xxx

Comment

Hello,

I think the brochure looks really good, nicely laid out etc.

A really good place to get things printed is vistaprint. You have to pay for uploads of pictures, but once they are uploaded to their site, you can use them again and again. Just watch out for their special offers, (they always have something) and you could get your uploads for free!

You then continue to design it on line, you can keep saving it, and go back to it later until your happy with it. The service is really good and the printing finish is first class.

Hope this is of help.

Debbie x
                Debbie
                www.justoneoff.co.uk

Comment

hiya this is a great idea and please do not take any offence to this at all but i am a graphic designer and wondered if you would be interested in me taking a look at this for you as i have the design software which will allow me more capabilities and i would like to update my design portfolio so as long as you would be happy for me to include this in my portfolio i would happily have a play with the layout for you free of charge.

Sam x

i hope i havnt caused any offence and if you want to see some of my work let me know

Comment

Good idea - can't hurt! I have some myself that I hand out at fairs & such...
                    Cheers,
                    Scorch

Scorch's Pyrography : www.scorchpyro.co.uk
                    Crafts on Flickr : http://www.flickr.com/photos/tanniso...7606138937826/

Comment

Sam - I have sent you a PM. (No offence taken )
                      Laura Lou xxx

Comment

I think you're on to something. I like nothing more than to take things like that away with be a peruse at my leisure, I find I buy more then too, as I have time to plan everything I want.

Comment

Hi Laura Lou

I think they look really good, clean & crisp and hopefully will do the trick for you.

I wondered if you had thought of putting an order form on the reverse for people who do not know you can still order.

onlyjane

Comment

Working...
                          X