Botany Bay Chorley How good is it for selling crafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Botany Bay Chorley How good is it for selling crafts

I am planning to rent a space there on a trial basis from sept 2008, I sell craft supplies and soft furnishings, can I have both in one space and how is it for soft furnishings? Does anyone here still have stall in there?
    CJS

Hi,

May I suggest you search the forums for 'Botany Bay', I made a similar request for info' a few months back, to cut a long story short - I didn't start with Botany Bay.

Chris.

Comment

I've replied to your PM.
      Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

Thank you for the replies, Yes, i did find the other post and was helpful, have not decided yet. But have a few questions for which I did not find an answer on the other thread!
        Do they supply the display units or do we have to put them up ourselves? How mush do they charge for barcoding a product? and finally is the stock safe there?

Comment

Do they supply the display units or do we have to put them up ourselves?
          No you have to fork out for whatever you want, or use what is left by the previous tenant. When you leave, unless you take down what you put up (slatwall for instance) it stays and you can't claim it back once you've left.

How mush do they charge for barcoding a product?
          I get 500 for £6.50 but you can buy in more quantities.

and finally is the stock safe there?
          If your stuff is bulky, yes. If it's pocket or handbag size, not as much. Theft does happen. I had an empty packet of jewellery kit last month on my stall. Once I had an empty plastic sleeve of someone's else stall.
          There was a lady selling handbags and people would just walk out with them for instance. Finished Jewellery is also a problem. I would hope this is a small percentage though. I think kids get to fiddle with the goods too (I have seen it).

Saying that there will always be theft wherever you are. I had stuff stolen at bead fairs.
          Bead Shop, 91 Liverpool Road, Penwortham, Preston, PR1 0QB, Lancashire. Mon-Fri 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, Sunday 11am-3pm.

Comment

I know this is an old thread, but I was just wondering if you rented the space and how it went? Or does anyone else have any other opinions or experience? My boyfriend is looking into it at the moment, he makes furniture.
            I like to make things - usually a mess!
            Please look at my stuff and let me know what you think!
            http://elephantfrills.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
            X