where/how to sell??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where/how to sell??

Hi I am new to all this so please bear with me! I am thinking of going into business and am to-ing and fro-ing between internet selling and "reality" selling - ie in shops etc. Problem is i have a background in NHS and so have no experience of business/selling/retail! How am i best to approach shops/cafes/garden centres. Do they buy my stock on a sale or return basis (is that the right epression?) How do i first approach them? Am i best to make an appointment or to turn up with my product and try to convince them they want to sell it!? If they do want to sell my product (fingers crossed!) what do they get? Commission? Percentage? Or what? I really love doing my crafting but i really don't have a clue when it comes to the retail side do I!!!!! Does anyone know a good course/website to help or is this forum as good a place as any to get my questions answered?!
    ANY ADVICE WELCOME!!!!!
    THANKS!

Hi

I would suggest you try a variety of approaches, speaking as a jewellery retailer that gets approached it depends on whether I need extra stock, like the items and can afford to buy them whether I will respond. Sometimes I am very gLad when people pop in unannounced and if someone phones me when I have spent my funds it is easier to say no than face to face. Just get your timing right as shopkeepers are busy at certain times of the day. I will be buying stock for Christmas from September onwards, this is a good time for you to get sales. If you do sale or return make sure to be clear about terms before you leave anything. Business is about people and works on a trust basis as much as anything else.
    Chris W.
    x
    Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Working...
    X