Two day outdoor shows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
    us 'oldies' have to stick together John LOL.

Pete
    Tried to rep you but need to spread my lurve around :-) I have been lurving you too much :-)
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]42835[/ATTACH]
      Another fabulous and eyecatching display! There are some very clever people on this forum

Linda

Comment

Wow Jane that's some display looks beautiful.

Mo.XX
        Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
        Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
        www.bodrighy.co.uk
        https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
          Tried to rep you but need to spread my lurve around :-) I have been lurving you too much :-)
          I've had a moan at our lovely admin about not being able to rep the people I want to. Seems daft that we have to spread the lurve around when it's not warrented in our eyes. The last four people I tried to give rep points to were declined, bit ticked off about it really. Also no indication or guide as to the length of time required between rep points to one person or the number you have to give elsewhere between each. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old woman

Mo.XX
          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
          www.bodrighy.co.uk
          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
            I've had a moan at our lovely admin about not being able to rep the people I want to. Seems daft that we have to spread the lurve around when it's not warrented in our eyes. The last four people I tried to give rep points to were declined, bit ticked off about it really. Also no indication or guide as to the length of time required between rep points to one person or the number you have to give elsewhere between each. Maybe I'm just being a grumpy old woman

Mo.XX
            I've been thinking along those lines for some time too - there have been a large number of posts I would have loved to rep but haven't been able to do so.

Please can I join your grumpy old woman club, Mo? I've been practising for a long time!

Linda

Comment

Always used to sleep in the stall, van or tent etc and put some sheets over the stock. Thankfully all that going off to shows is a distant memory as enough work comes in these days without having to leave the workshop.

Comment

The issue of set up time is one for us in the medieval group. usually it's a two hour set up for us. There are full workshops for a Blacksmith, Carpenter and a pewter caster plus all of the sleeping tents and cooking equipment. We don't arrive at the same time but as one finishes,they then help the second one to set up and so on until the heaviest and most complex has about 6 people working on it. Teamwork is the secret for us and knowing exactly where everything is and where it has to go
                Casting pewter..in a field near you.

Comment

Originally posted by ferrers caster View Post
                  The issue of set up time is one for us in the medieval group. usually it's a two hour set up for us. There are full workshops for a Blacksmith, Carpenter and a pewter caster plus all of the sleeping tents and cooking equipment. We don't arrive at the same time but as one finishes,they then help the second one to set up and so on until the heaviest and most complex has about 6 people working on it. Teamwork is the secret for us and knowing exactly where everything is and where it has to go

Sounds like a good system. Occasionally that happens when we are at shows where we know others but often we are selling alongside people we have never met and it doesn't happen. Pity.

Pete
                  "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                  Facebook

Website

Comment

Working...
                  X