Ads

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two day outdoor shows

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Two day outdoor shows

    I have exhibited at quite a few one day outdoor events and am looking to step up to two day County Shows / Country Fairs. My question is what do people do with their stock overnight? Do you pack it all up and stay in a nearby hotel or I'm sure I've heard of people camping in their stands/trade tents overnight and leaving it all set up - though not sure if this would need to be confirmed with the organisers? Just wondered what the general position is.
    http://www.freckles-designs.co.uk/
    http://www.facebook.com/FrecklesDesigns

  • #2
    Most organisers have overnight security on the site.

    Taking everything down to set up next day would take too long.

    Some camp on site - though usually away from stalls whilst others, including us stay in a nearby hotel/B&B - my camping days are over!
    www.just-soaps.com
    Twitter JUSTSOAPS
    FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
    Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

    Comment


    • #3
      I'd say, pack your thermals, a thermos, a comfy chair to sit in, don't forget the brolly and wellys.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by reddivine View Post
        I'd say, pack your thermals, a thermos, a comfy chair to sit in, don't forget the brolly and wellys.

        Oh no, if in Summer do take a Fan, Ice Pack and chilled drinks
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

        Comment


        • #5
          If its a british summer, the brolly and wellys could still be valid.....think glastonbury!

          Comment


          • #6
            Biggest problem we have with outdoor events is the condensation dripping off the marquee supports overnight and in the morning untill it gets warm enough again. It can ruin our stock so a cover is essential.

            Mo.XX
            Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
            Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
            www.bodrighy.co.uk
            https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
              Biggest problem we have with outdoor events is the condensation dripping off the marquee supports overnight and in the morning untill it gets warm enough again. It can ruin our stock so a cover is essential.

              Mo.XX
              As is a long telescopic broom, with a roll of kitchen towel strapped to it:-) Works a treat for getting drips of the beams
              www.just-soaps.com
              Twitter JUSTSOAPS
              FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
              Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                As is a long telescopic broom, with a roll of kitchen towel strapped to it:-) Works a treat for getting drips of the beams
                The last one we did there was so much condensation it didn't stop till lunchtime and created puddles inside our acrylic stand. As fast as you wiped it dry it ran again. Fortunately it was one that Pete was demoing at so he could repolish stuff.

                Doesn't have to be winter same problem at Oak fair in August.

                Mo.XX
                Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                www.bodrighy.co.uk
                https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                  Fortunately it was one that Pete was demoing at so he could repolish stuff.



                  Mo.XX
                  At least you can repolish stuff - I just get in a lather:-(
                  Jane
                  www.just-soaps.com
                  Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                  FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                  Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                    At least you can repolish stuff - I just get in a lather:-(
                    Jane
                    Sample testing for the customers ?

                    I got in a lather too at the ACF one but had no soap. Think Pete would have shoved it in my mouth to keep me quiet. ''It will be fine love '' doesn't cut it with me when the potential customers are milling around and I'm taking the display down to mop up LOL

                    Oh the joys of selling your crafts.

                    Mo.XX
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk
                    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I have experienced similar problems and so for this season (and I tried it out last season)I will erect a cover right over the top. Another trick is to tie a piece of string at the lowest point and then the condensation runs down that instead.
                      To answer Angi I would avoid sleeping in with your stock because you will generate more condensation that way. Cover it over with sheets or blankets at end of day. Depends where I am whether I drive home, camp or hotel it.
                      Twitter:johnbaitken
                      website:The bowler hatted turner.co.uk
                      Facebook:John Boyne-Aitken

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Where you stay depends on whether the cost of accommodation is more than the travel cost to get home and back. We camp at the Oak Fair and I find it OK. Mo not so much but she copes. So far the others we have been within range of travelling though as there are two of us it is easier as we can take turns driving.

                        String idea sounds good John.

                        Pete
                        "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                        Facebook

                        Website

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                          Where you stay depends on whether the cost of accommodation is more than the travel cost to get home and back. We camp at the Oak Fair and I find it OK. Mo not so much but she copes. So far the others we have been within range of travelling though as there are two of us it is easier as we can take turns driving.

                          String idea sounds good John.

                          Pete
                          I'm an angel aint I ? LOL

                          Mo.XX
                          Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                          Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                          www.bodrighy.co.uk
                          https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by MornieG Jewellery View Post
                            I'm an angel aint I ? LOL

                            Mo.XX
                            Think your halo has slipped a few times...thank goodness.

                            Pete
                            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
                            Facebook

                            Website

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              You know what they say about camping don't you?.........the fun is intents!
                              ..
                              Twitter:johnbaitken
                              website:The bowler hatted turner.co.uk
                              Facebook:John Boyne-Aitken

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X