Insurance for public liability and product insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insurance for public liability and product insurance

Hi, first of all, let me introduce myself as I am new on here. My name is Lauraine, and I'm wanting to open a business selling soap's, bath fizz bomb's, etc. But I am in need of Insurance for product's with recall and public liability. But when I go to get quote's they ask you Which category describes your business best? But that's as far as I get as I don't know what it would come under, all I want to do is sell it at event's and car boot fair's and online. Can anyone please help me with this? Also could anyone refer any good insurance Companies. Be very much appreciated thank you.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthr...lity-insurance

here is the link to one thread on here. If you look at the bottom of the page there are links to others re insurance or do a search, box top right.

If you make the products I would have thought you would be a manufacturer and retailer.

Mo.XX
    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
    www.bodrighy.co.uk
    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Oh I'm sorry, no I'm a retailer I buy from wholesale, but still does not come up in the question they ask you , but thank you very much for your help

Comment

If you are the retailer then you do not need Product Liability - that is the manufacturers responsibility -

Welcome to the forum

Jane
        www.just-soaps.com
        Twitter JUSTSOAPS
        FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
        Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

oh I see okay thank you for your help

Comment

Sorry for the late reply Bubble Lisicious, and I imagine you've probably sorted insurance by now.

It would very much vary insurer to insurer. You might be better off giving a company a call to ensure you've 1) got the trade headings correct and 2) that they'll actually cover you.

Depending where you source products etc some insurers may not cover you. The last thing you'd want is to take out a policy and not even be covered

Comment

Working...
            X