Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I sold something!!!! YAY!

Yay yay yay!

Some of you might remember me talking about the hair salon I took my stuff in to sell on the weekend. Well I managed to sell my Mary Jane choker. Some of you will also know what that is too because you were kind enough to vote for it on Craftjuice (thanks so much for that too BTW!!!). I had priced it at £13 which i thought was a bit high really but it took me ages.

Then the lady wouldn't take a cut - I did say that she really should take some because she's got to pay for running the place but she wouldn't. Any ideas what I can do for her? Feel bad just taking advantage of free selling space - she's lovely too.

Well as it turns out someone thought it was worth it! What a boost to the confidence that is.

Anyway, just thought I'd share this with you all since you've been here through most of my problems and indecisions since I joined.
    Yvonne
    x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
    My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Well done you!!Make the lady something as a thank you.
    https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

Well done!!

I agree with Seahorse - make her something but something she can wear during the day thus drumming up more business for you!!

Comment

That's great, I agree make her a nice little something and she wont mind taking more of your things in.

Cheers.

Lisa

Bowed Over
        Handmade Dog Collar Accessories
        www.bowedover.co.uk

Comment

Well done on the sale! That choker was beautiful!

I agree with everyone else, nice idea to make her a little something. Like Tip Top said, if she wears it during the day, perfect way to promote!
          Hope Jewellery
          http://www.hopejewellery.co.uk
          My blog: http://www.saysie.blogspot.com
          My new Etsy Shop: http://www.saysie.etsy.com

Comment

Well done

I also agree, make her a little something that she can wear at work
            Av xx
            Sprinkles Sparkles

Comment

Fantastic. Well done. It's brilliant when you sell something. A real boost!!

Yep, I agree make the salon owner a little something, she'll be very chuffed and it will surely help with arranging future sales.

Congratulations!!

Steve
              Handmade woodcrafts - relaunching soon.
              www.kipperworkshops.com[COLOR=Blue]
              Best range of wooden craft shapes and cutouts.[SIZE=2]

Comment

well done! and well deserved! i second, well sixth or seventh or whatever number it's up to about making her alittle something!

Comment

Great News

That's wonderful, very encouraging, you could make her a small gift or card to say thankyou but I am sure your smile of appreciation will be reward enough.
                  Chris W.
                  x
                  Gemstone Jewellery and Gifts

Comment

Woooooo Hooooooo!!!
                    Well done you!
                    Definately make something that she can wear and advertise your stuff for you!
                    http://icecreambird.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Tip Top View Post
                      Well done!!

I agree with Seahorse - make her something but something she can wear during the day thus drumming up more business for you!!
                      lol....never miss an advertising opportunity!

I remember your previous thread, how cool is it that you sold your items! Definitly make her something, she would so appreciate the gesture for sufre.

Well done to you again tho!
                      s.x
                      Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Was your previous thread the one where you thought you'd made a mistake? If so, this is even more special, to be reassured that you certainly didnt - how lovely

And I agree with everyone, I bet she will be pleased as punch to receive a piece you've made just for her

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shaz x
                        Keepsake Kollections
                        & Rossendale Ramblings!
                        http://focusonlife-shaz.blogspot.com

Where else can you get Mental and Retail Therapy?!

Comment

Well done you!!! You must be very proud of yourself!

Yes I definately agree that you should make her a nice piece of jewelry as then she may wear it, then when people ask her where it is from... another sales opportunity for you!

You don't want something to expensive as you don't want to be losing money. Probably something that you would sell for about a fiver would be good. Or a nice little necklace or bracelet or earrings or something like that. Good luck!
                          Caz
                          x

Comment

Well done you!

I'm so glad you've had success out of it. You seemed very worried about the comission bit in your previous thread! (if I remember rightly)
                            Natalie
                            website blog

Comment

Originally posted by Focus on Life View Post
                              Was your previous thread the one where you thought you'd made a mistake? If so, this is even more special, to be reassured that you certainly didnt - how lovely
                              Yeah that's the one! It must mean I'm becoming something of a regular here if people are remembering my threads.
                              Yvonne
                              x

My website: www.mymiyel.com
                              My blog: www.mymiyel.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                              X