Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you use for postage?

Hi,

I am on the verge on setting up and I have been reading this section of the forum with great interest. I have learned so much so far, thank you everyone

I want to attempt to get as much as possible in place before I take the plunge. So I can concentrate more on making than other things. I was just wondering who people use for postage ? I am also trying to weigh up if it's worth while attempting to sell larger items, some heavy some not but bulky taking the postage costs into consideration. Have people generally found there is a cut off point in sales that customers tend not be prepared to pay, or does it just depend on the price of the item you are selling ?

Thanks for any advice in advance

PS Not to sure if I should have posted this question here or in the Setting up a craft business section
    Last edited by ickle pickle; 22-02-2008, 01:14 PM.
    UPDATED 11th November
    http://icklepicklepumpkinpie.blogspot.com/

http://confessionsofaslimmingworlddieter.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by ickle pickle View Post
    Hi,

I am on the verge on setting up and I have been reading this section of the forum with great interest. I have learned so much so far, thank you everyone

I want to attempt to get as much as possible in place before I take the plunge. So I can concentrate more on making than other things. I was just wondering who people use for postage ? I am also trying to weigh up if it's worth while attempting to sell larger items, some heavy some not but bulky taking the postage costs into consideration. Have people generally found there is a cut off point in sales that customers tend not be prepared to pay, or does it just depend on the price of the item you are selling ?

Thanks for any advice in advance

PS Not to sure if I should have posted this question here or in the Setting up a craft business section
    Postage - arrgh!

Anyway, it really depends on what you are selling and how small an item you want to post.
    I use head thumping could do better Royal Mail for smaller packages (up to ~ 2kgs) and DHL/UPS/Fedex for anything heavier than 2kgs.

I am so fed up with the postal service that I have an open letter on my blog.
    blog
    site
    fanpage

Comment

I dont know but it would be interesting find out...
      Sophie.x

Sometimes what we say is not what we mean & what we mean is not what we say - that's why I paint!

My bloggity blog

My Etsy shop

Comment

Working...
      X