What Insurance do I need?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Insurance do I need?

Hi all, does anyone know what sort of insurance I need to have - I do craft fairs as well as country shows etc. and am wondering if I need liability insurance or something. Any help would be welcome!. Thanks.
    by Nicki
    www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Insurance for Craft Fairs

Hello everyone.

New to this forum thing, just spotted this post. I have in the past done a variety of craft fairs from local schools to big events and the insurance varies.
    Public Liability seems to be the main one just in case something happens and someone tries to sue you. Costs vary, I have just paid £75 for insurance at a big craft fair which included accidents, damages and loses for the 3 days.
    It is worth shopping around.
    I hope that helps.
    Unicorn Crafter
    Mad about Crafting

Comment

90% of the shows I have booked for this year have asked for Public Liabilty Ins and they wont let you on their books without it.

There is a post somewhere on here regarding it with lots of differant companys offering good rates for crafters.

I will try and find it for you.

Cheers
      Janice
      www.freewebs.com/clipclophorseshoes

Comment

I recommended the CMTIA for public liability insurance on the previous post. If you can't find it by trawling the forums, click on my login name to search all posts I've done... it should be there fairly recently.

Si.
        Wood Tattoos
        Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
        Facebook
        Flickr
        Twitter

Comment

This link should take you to the correct thread.

http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=9230

Si.
          Wood Tattoos
          Decorative Pyrography for all Occasions - Author of "Woodburning with Style" (2010) and "Learn to Burn" (2013)
          Facebook
          Flickr
          Twitter

Comment

Thanks All

Thanks so much for that info. Its a great help. Am going to check out the CMTI. Thanks again.
            by Nicki
            www.bynicki.co.uk

Home Decorations & Gifts with Country Style

Comment

I use the National Market Traders Association, as a member I get Public Liability insurance included and I also do my van and stock insurance with them as well (check your existing car / van insurance to see if you're covered for driving to shows and if your you stock is covered if you want it to be)

p.s. I'm not on comission either :-)
              Craftville: Free Craft Downloads
              No Membership just visit & Browse
              Craftville.com

Comment

Working...
              X