Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabric Wholesalers Midlands

Hi,

I'm trying to find any recommended wholesalers / Discount retailers of fabric to make clothes and things like bags etc... Just starting out, so any help / advice would be much appreciated :-)

Thanks

Before you embark on buying huge amounts of fabric you might try a potter round Birmingham's Rag Market and Flea Market where you can get all sorts of fabric cheap. That way you can try various kinds of fabric and find the one that suits the job in hand best!!

Comment

Kisco in Leicester. The Fabric Guild.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

If you buy in wholesale quantities, can you really use - and store! - 100m or even 50m or 25m rolls and boards of all the fabrics you will want to use? Boards are much easier to store than rolls, but I live in a tiny cottage.

I only find it worthwhile to buy one specific spe******t fabric in wholesale quantities. Everything else I use I have, over time, found 'sources' for, be it remnant bins in 'posh' shops, mill shops, clearance places, market traders, discount shops or warehouses-open-to-the-public. Sometimes - rarely! - even at 'normal' retail price.

I buy vanishingly-little fabric online, as hand and drape are vitally important to me, and that can't be judged on a computer screen until we get telefeel! Neither can colours be matched.

Comment

Love the idea of telefeel Eena, will we get smellyvision at the same time do you think? lol
          Carol
          God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

Working...
          X