How did you find January?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did you find January?

Normally Businesses tend to suffer during January due to lack of funds.. and just having christmas etc.

However i had a very good january! In fact i took more in profits this month than i did in December.. Not really sure of the reason. Maybe it was because i spent all of the christmas/new year period getting new ranges up and together and therefore had a lot more variety.

How did you find january?

Well I had a pants December so thought I'd cross January off my fair doing list. I planned to get on with completing all those abandoned projects.
    But out of the blue, no advertising, along has come two school visits and a pile of costume making and haberdashery orders.
    I'm not complaining

Comment

thats great annie

my december was good.. got most of my christmas orders in november though and order book closed on the 10th december.. ive had a brill january though and finger crossed will be the start of a good year x

Comment

I don't wish to be a negative Nancy, but be careful. On another thread you were asking for advice about registering and that you are now waiting for the paperwork to register....and now on this thread you admit that you were trading last year....If HMRC saw this you could find yourself in hot water....Sorry
        x
        Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

not a bad month started slow but the last two weeks have been mental, 30% up on december hopefully a good year to come
          http://www.facebook.com/vinylgraphicsonline
          https://twitter.com/vinylgraphicsaf
          www.vinylgraphics-wallart.com

Comment

I woke up the day after the 31st of December and there it was.
            Sorry couldn't resist

Pete
            "Where the spirit does not work with the hand, there is no art" ... Leonardo Da Vinci
            Facebook

Website

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
              Sorry couldn't resist

Pete
              Take no notice of him you will only encourage him.

Early January Market was very good, second best since we started in the middle of last year, surprised us too, we were hoping to cover costs and looked on it as an advertising and promo day. Next one is this Sunday and I am expecting this one to be poor. Will try our best with a Valentines theme though.

Mo.XX
              Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
              Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
              www.bodrighy.co.uk
              https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

Originally posted by bodrighy View Post
                Sorry couldn't resist

Pete
                Complete with hangover Pete? :-)

Historically we have always found January to be pretty good:-)

Jane
                www.just-soaps.com
                Twitter JUSTSOAPS
                FB www.facebook.com/pages/Just-Soaps/258910018463
                Natural Handmade Olive Oil Soaps and Skincare free from SLS, Parabens, and other Nasties

Comment

January was a bit like Christmas for the first couple of weeks but tailed off a bit in the last two. I don't know why, but January is always good.
                  Carole x
                  www.caroleallenjewellery.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by greannancrafts View Post
                    Complete with hangover Pete? :-)

Jane
                    Not this year Jane, LOL
                    Mo. Bodrighy Wood.
                    Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage..Lao Tzu.
                    www.bodrighy.co.uk
                    https://twitter.com/#!/AuntieMornie

Comment

We are up on both sides of our business compared to last year.
                      web: www.cestbelle.co.uk - Sterling Silver Hand Crafted Jewellery
                      web: www.jsrbeads.co.uk - Semi Precious Gemstone Beads.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Cest.Belle.by.Mimi
                      Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JsrBeads

Comment

Not great but better than last year and better than I expected.
                        https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

loody - my name is Sarah (not nancy?)
                          yes i traded through friends in november.. ive had this conversation with the tax man today. and as family issues come up in november (after id taken the family orders) i was unable to carry on with the business.. i than finished the orders... i started back up on the 18th of january.. has been stupidly busy since.. registered with hmrc today..

to begin with it was a hobby that i was selling to friends to get rid of items hanging around the house.. id planed in november to do it as a business.. but due to family issues were not able to carry on with the plan.. as of the 18th ive been taking orders again

Comment

Originally posted by thetrinketbox123 View Post
                            loody - my name is Sarah (not nancy?)
                            yes i traded through friends in november.. ive had this conversation with the tax man today. and as family issues come up in november (after id taken the family orders) i was unable to carry on with the business.. i than finished the orders... i started back up on the 18th of january.. has been stupidly busy since.. registered with hmrc today..

to begin with it was a hobby that i was selling to friends to get rid of items hanging around the house.. id planed in november to do it as a business.. but due to family issues were not able to carry on with the plan.. as of the 18th ive been taking orders again
                            I used the term 'a negative Nancy' I didn't call you Nancy. All I was trying to point out that it probably wasn't too clever starting this thread when you'd started one about just registering. A different taxman might not know that you've explained it and pick up on it. Especially as you were talking about order books.....sorry but that doesn't suggest to me that you were 'getting rid of items hanging around the house' And you've just admitted to taking orders 'again' please don't think I am trying to be horrible....I'm not! If I see it this way, others (and I think they already have) will too and if one of those works for HMRC it won't look good.
                            Sarah x

~ The Lilac Dragonfly- Handmade Jewellery ~

~ Facebook Page ~

Comment

ok i do understand what your saying.. but to be honest it dont sound as if you believe me.. and just sounds like your accusing me off things... i know the way ive done it.. as does hmrc i spoke to this morning

If im going to be accused of things everytime i post.. frankly this is clearly not a forum i want to be apart of.

Comment

Working...
                              X