How to get generate interest on facebook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get generate interest on facebook

I have a facebook business page (elizabethlaker) and I have over 800 likes. However when I post content I hardly get any comments on what I've posted or likes - even when I've done giveaways!
    I have seen pages with 200 less likes that whenever they post anything, have many comments and likes and was wondering how to generate such interest in my page. At the moment I feel like I posting and talking to myself
    Has anyone any suggestions please?

Katie

Hi Katie, I've just done a search for your FB page and can't find you. Is it me?
    James x
    www.facebook.com/CraftyCath

Comment

I am NO pro at all on facebook, advertising or selling. So these are just my thoughts...
      I have just had a look at your page. I have recently set up my page, so I was drawn to your comment.

The one suggestion that I can make is that perhaps you could add a few more interest articles of a general topic. I realise your page is about your business- but people are drawn to tidbits of information that enhance their lives in some way.

For example: You could draw them to your page with a link sharing (one I have done recently) the 'it' colour for 2013. I know this has nothing to do with your jewelery perhaps? But it only has to do with what other people may be interested in. And from there they are drawn to your other feeds and photos.

I would be interested to hear what other suggestions people have.

Comment

great thank you! Good idea about the 'it' colour. What is it for 2013 out of interest?
        how long do you need to spend promoting to see results?

Comment

haha, just found you on fb. Its emerald

Comment

my page is http://www.facebook.com/elizabethlakerdesigns

Comment

Hi, it's James. I found your FB page and showed my wife Cath and we love your pieces. They photograph well and are refreshingly bright. keep up the good work, write about crocheting, spreading the word. You could become a friend of ours on FB and I'm sure many of my customers would like your stuff as well.

x

Comment

Originally posted by ElizabethLaker View Post
                Hi Elizabeth.......I think that you, like a lot of other people (me included) are suffering from FB's new policy of only sharing a small percentage of your posts with your likers in an attempt to get you to buy more coverage (that's what their Promote button means). I for one now post something on my business pages and then share it on my personal page. So overall more people see what I'm sharing, whether it be whimsey, photos, something I'm making etc. Got to try every trick these days
                Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

Hi, just liked your page, so we can help each other.

Blackwillow is right - FB has changed their policy and the less people interact with your page, the less you are visible. People can click on liking you and having you in their page feed, but then they have to remember from switching the main newsfeed to business or pages feed. Look at my FB page and feel free to share the instructions & explanations to your followers. Hope it helps.
                  Magdalena
                  Passionate about all things handmade...

Proud owner of WowThankYou - stylish and affordable way of selling your crafts and makes

Friendly advice and coaching for small businesses

Cocoa & Heart Website

Comment

That's great from Magdalena, clear and concise.
                    James x

Comment

[QUOTE=ElizabethLaker;561230]I have a facebook business page (elizabethlaker) and I have over 800 likes. However when I post content I hardly get any comments on what I've posted or likes - even when I've done giveaways!
                      I have seen pages with 200 less likes that whenever they post anything, have many comments and likes and was wondering how to generate such interest in my page. At the moment I feel like I posting and talking to myself
                      Has anyone any suggestions please?>>

When ever I answer anything on facebook, I seem to put an end to the thread! I get quite paranoid that no one wants to answer me! Even if I put a quick good morning on my own page, I hardly ever get a reply, whereas other people get loads of them.
                      I don't really use facebook for selling though. It's just another link to the website.
                      www.dementiaactivitysupplies.weebly.com

https://www.facebook.com/Dementia-Activity-Supplies

Comment

I just copied and pasted the status.
                        I like the supermums craft fare page and clicked to get notifications. I only get the notifications from her page for a few days then I have to go and re-click receive notifications again to still get them. I doubt people will remember to do this and its a bit of a pain! x

Comment

Oh, thank you James !
                          Passionate about all things handmade...

Proud owner of WowThankYou - stylish and affordable way of selling your crafts and makes

Friendly advice and coaching for small businesses

Cocoa & Heart Website

Comment

Hi. I have posted more of a variety of things on my page, such as photos of snow, my work in progress and a competition. It has definatly helped to generate more interest in my page and I actually had a few comments on my photos. As people have said it gets people looking a other things on your page as people had commented on previous photos of things I had made.
                            Thank you everyone

Comment

Thank you this really helped! x

Comment

Working...
                              X