Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craft Fair Basic Kits?

Hi All.

Looking for some advice on what I would need for craft fair basics.

I have the products, transport, and chairs but what else would see me right?

I'm thinking a table of some kind with a cover and some display stands of some kind.

What else should I be thinking of.

I'm on a tight budget so any tips would be appreciated.
    Check out my stuff on:
    Etsy and Folksy

Most craft fairs should supply tables...but sometimes it's worth having your own. I would say a plain white or black cover depending on what looks best with your work, you could use sturdy boxes under the cover to make a staging area, wicker baskets look nice with bits and bobs in. You could also look around charity shops for small shelving units that can stand on a table? Also if you can, invest in some sturdy plastic boxes with wheels for transportation. Make a display in your house beforehand and see what looks best, hope that helps!
    Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
    Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

Something for all the dosh,(with some change) a water bottle and something easy to eat. name cards.
      A large packet of optimism comes in very handy

Comment

Yes agreed...a flask as well, a notebook or sketchbook, a reading book for the quite times and I usually take some little things I can work on too, customers like to see work in progress...
        Blog: www.covegardennursery.co.uk/garden-nursery-blog/
        Facebook: Cove Garden Nursery

Comment

One of the members here wrote an excellent blog post about this last year - http://www.soyblog.soyofthenorth.co....st-craft-fair/
          Custom tribal belly dance costumes & accessories

Unique jewellery for those who love to turn heads

Comment

I did my first fair yesterday and was quite pleased with how my stall looked!! Fabric long enough to reach the floor (so you can store all your transport boxes under the table and they done show), something to give some height and staging on the table - I went to ikea and got some chunky bits of wood from bargain corner - parts of shelves etc! - for 50p each, covered them with fabric and used them as little platforms.

Although sales were rubbish(!) loads of people took business cards and have now liked my facebook page, so business cards are a definate for me. Something to keep you entertained is also a definate - it was really really quiet yesterday, but I made some bag straps and chains etc so time was not wasted!!

Have you got liability insurance? this was required at my fair. Agree with food and drink, nothing worse than being hungry!!

Also something I found out, is talking to other stallholders was invaluable! About what fairs they go to, where else they sell things, websites, business card suppliers - you name it we talked about it!!

Hope it goes well!
            Handmade and Hand Customised Bags:

www.facebook.com/bucasbags
            www.folksy.com/shops/bucasbags

Comment

Wow!

Thanks all for the good advice.

I almost forgot about PL Insurance.
              Check out my stuff on:
              Etsy and Folksy

Comment

Originally posted by HF Glass Lady View Post
                Yes agreed...a flask as well, a notebook or sketchbook, a reading book for the quite times and I usually take some little things I can work on too, customers like to see work in progress...
                Well that shouldn't be a problem I'll be taking some sketchbooks to lay out on the table for visitors to flick through. I always have work in progress so I shall bring along my tool kit as well!
                Check out my stuff on:
                Etsy and Folksy

Comment

As a professional organiser may I suggest that you light your display, especially if you make jewellery.
                  Cover your table to the ground on ALL sides.
                  Never sit behind your stand with your head down or reading - be prepared to stand for a long time - observant but never 'pushy'.
                  Make sure that you are attentive and engaging and be polite.
                  After 25 years you learn to be 'deaf', so don't worry about stupid comments ( I can make one of those!!!)
                  Most of all enjoy the experience and ask questions of your organiser, who should help you if needed - afterall that's what you are paying for.
                  The Anns (www.penninefairs.co.uk)

Comment

Working...
                  X