Business banking/Current accounts.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business banking/Current accounts.

Hi, I think I was here a while ago asking about business banking. I've found it a bit of a hassle in this last year and a half swapping accounts to avoid the ridiculous fees. I remember a few of you told me that you keep your 'business' money in a current account. How does this work for you?

I honestly don't use my business accounts much, I mostly deal with paypal and my money tin so the bank account is more storage than anything. I was thinking of opening a current account in another bank separate to the one I use for my own money, do you find banks mind if you open up a current account for your business? Do you tell them what it's for? I know HSBC won't let you do it, but do other banks?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

My business is a lot of cash sales so I've avoided using a business account. When I eventually have to use one I'll look for a free banking offer and when that runs out look for another free one, avoiding charges for as long as possible. But I'd be very interested in what others do as I know I can't escape it for ever.

Marion

Comment

You can have a separate current account which is a personal one and use that. I still have by bus account as proved useful when I wanted wholesale accounts etc.

Comment

Open an account with Santander. I opened mine when it was the Abbey and I run a VAT registered Ltd company with a reasonable turnover. I have free business banking for life but I can't go into the bank and use counter services. I do most business by BACS transfers but we have a swith card and a cheque book. I can make deposits using an envelope via the ATM machine.

I am just setting up a small sole trader business which is likely to be mainly cash. I asked Santander what accounts they can offer and they vary depending on the business size etc. I can have free banking for the first 18 months/2 years (depends if you are a new customer or exisiting) and then I pay a small monthly fee after that. I can pay up to £1,000 in cheques into the account per month (or thereabouts) before I start incurring further bank charges. With this type of account I can pay the cash in at my local post office but for my other business I can't.

Santander do seem to offer a good range of accounts to suit businesses of different sizes with different requirements. I can transfer money from my business account on line and withdraw it immediately at the bank. This is how I pay my own wages. Thier electronic banking is real time rather than a few days behind a transaction.

Comment

Thanks, Craftychez. I will definitely look at Santander when I have to open a business account. Great info.

Marion

Comment

Hey guys.. is there any difference between offshore banking and private banking..?

Comment

Originally posted by actoffshore View Post
              Hey guys.. is there any difference between offshore banking and private banking..?
              MASSIVE differences.

Private banking refers to the management of a clients financial assets, property portfolios, stocks and shares etc by a (usually) dedicated and highly-qualified/experienced adviser. This is only for those with very sizable assets, and the term 'private' refers to the fact that the service is on a much more personal basis than that offered to a 'normal' customer of a retail bank.

Offshore banking just refers to the use of a bank situated in a financial jurisdiction outside of that which is one's main or current residence.

Comment

Working...
              X